Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Ala-Hispanic immigrants face emotional, mental problems

Hispanic immigrants to metro Birmingham face emotional, mental problems, doctors say
    Posted by Erin Stock -- Birmingham News February 18, 2009 4:40 PM

Hispanic immigrants are thought to be at a high risk for emotional and mental problems because of the loss, discrimination and poor living conditions they often face, doctors said today at a panel discussion on mental health and immigration at Cooper Green Mercy Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama.
    Sylvia Colon, a psychiatrist who now works for the Veterans Administration in Tuscaloosa, and two other doctors presented information on Hispanic immigrants and mental health to about 40 people. Colon, who came to the U.S. from Puerto Rico for her medical residency, said she experienced despair during the transition.

"When you leave loved ones, your network, your church even, it becomes very, very stressful," she said.

Immigrants are prone to depression, anxiety, substance abuse and other mental and emotional problems, Colon said. Another panelist, Cesar Munoz, said the need for mental health services for Hispanics is great, as that population grows in the Birmingham area.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/02/his ... tro_b.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Immigrants are prone to depression, anxiety, substance abuse and other mental and emotional problems, Colon said. Another panelist, Cesar Munoz, said the need for mental health services for Hispanics is great, as that population grows in the Birmingham area.
    NOT ON OUR DIME! If things are that bad... GO HOME

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    another reason to just drag yourself back under / over or around the Border fence

go back home an be less depressed
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hispanic "immigrants" are the only ones facing "emotional & mental problems"? Really? Does that mean that non-hispanics are doing just fine, eh? What a load of CRAP! Quit whining and grow up, everyone is suffering. Plenty of Americans have lost jobs to illegal aliens and face employers discriminating in favor of cheap illegal alien labor.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Illegal Immigrants need to go home if they are unhappy.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why are these immigrants more stressed that I am when it seems everywhere I go there are plenty of Spanish speakers with inadequate Englsh to even understand my question about where to find something in the grocery store? Unfortunately I am not eligible for taxpayer health assistance, because I am one of those taxpayers.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Why are these immigrants more stressed that I am when it seems everywhere I go there are plenty of Spanish speakers with inadequate Englsh to even understand my question about where to find something in the grocery store? Unfortunately I am not eligible for taxpayer health assistance, because I am one of those taxpayers.
    Amen VT! Furthermore, illegal invaders fleece this country for everything they can! What the hell do they have to be depressed about. It's American citizens who should be depressed because we have to endure this garbage!

They left their "hellhole" countries and NOW they are depressed. THis is just a ruse to get govt. money and to "reunite" families, etc. Just another CON! Btw, stick around, because our leaders are turning us into a "hellhole" and maybe you will feel more at home.

Illegales, Listen Up!

GO HOME, BE HAPPY, SO WE CAN BE HAPPY!

You make us sad, you cause us despair, you make us angry, you hurt our feelings, you insult our intelligence, you harm our people, you kill our police officers, you sell drugs to our children, you cost us money, you steal our jobs, you destroy our economy, you depress us.

Please go home and leave us alone.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah well how about this. How about the emotional distress I have because THEY have destroyed my state. Go HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast