Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Ala -Public interest group places billboards welcoming imm.

Public interest group places billboards around Alabama to show state welcoming to immigrants
    February 17, 2009 3:07 PM

MONTGOMERY -- The Alabama Appleseed Center for Law and Justice has unveiled 11 billboards around the state to portray Alabama as welcoming to immigrants.

The nonprofit organization said The Welcoming Alabama Initiative is intended to share Alabamians' commitment to show immigrants "southern hospitality" and treat them with empathy and respect.

The group said Tennessee, Idaho, Colorado and Nebraska have launched similar billboard campaigns with a primary goal to fight harmful stereotypes and open discussions about issues involving immigrants.

Alabama is home to a growing number of foreign families with German, Japanese and Korean car manufacturing plants.

The billboards show an immigrant family sitting down at a picnic table to enjoy lunch with a white family. One version says "Thank you Alabama, for making our family a part of yours" and the other simply reads "Embracing Alabama."

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/02/pub ... ces_b.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Alabama... when you go broke and crime increases don't come crying to American taxpayers for a bail out.

Alabama is home to a growing number of foreign families with German, Japanese and Korean car manufacturing plants.
    I supose these are jobs Americans won't do?

I'm so fed up with this stupidity I wish Americans would wake up and realize what is happening to our country.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

Appleseed !

FedUpinFarmersBranch, thank you for your article.The Alabama Appleseed Center for Law and Justice ,now that name I bet can only be a front for the ACLU or the Southern Poverty Law Center or Acorn .

I thought Alabama was training the police to deal with illegals better?
    Thomas Jefferson said: When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty !

Welcoming immigrants is fine if they are legal. Is this who their message is intended for? If so that is fine.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree jean...too bad it is hard to tell if they are talking illegal or legal...they even has illegals believeing they are immigrants. I don't like the fact that Idaho is listed in there just incase it is illegals they are welcoming!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)