Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Alabama: Panel says immigration laws must be enforced

Panel says immigration laws must be enforced
    Sunday, July 15, 2007WALTER BRYANTNews staff writer
    America's lax immigration policy is attracting poverty rather than talent, a panel member said Saturday at the Eagle Forum of Alabama Education Foundation's leadership conference in Birmingham.

"We are importing poverty through our system," said Rosemary Jenks, director of government relations for Numbers USA, a nonprofit, nonpartisan grassroots organization.

She said the problem could be solved if the administration in Washington would only enforce laws already on the books. Jenks said verification of workers' immigration status should be mandatory for employment.

One reason immigration reform is so difficult is that so many people benefit from the status quo, said state Rep. Micky Hammon, R-Decatur.

"Everyone that's for illegal immigration has a personal interest in it," he said. "It's cheap labor and a future voting bloc."

If existing laws were enforced and tougher ones passed, it would have the effect of letting illegal immigrants know that "the welcome mat has disappeared from Alabama."

Georgia state Sen. Nancy Schaefer of Toccoa echoed their sentiment and said that every sovereign nation must secure its borders.

She said sometimes churches become too focused on the plight of illegal immigrants, something she called "misplaced mercy."

Cindy Hayden, chief counsel to U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions, also called for tougher immigration policies that would attract people "who will help build and grow America."

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/i ... xml&coll=2
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This was a great article.The Americans in Alabama should hold on to these elected officials with both hands!!!!!!! Just imagine Alabama a safe haven for Americans!

Home of Senator Jeff Sessions. You Go BAMA. Lead the way

In the above article someone says how illegals may be being used for a "voting bloc". I think they are right about that but it brings up some questions like-does it really matter how MANY people voted?I was under the idea that as long as one person got the majority it didn't matter how many voted.I hope that came out right.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbaby
    In the above article someone says how illegals may be being used for a "voting bloc". I think they are right about that but it brings up some questions like-does it really matter how MANY people voted?I was under the idea that as long as one person got the majority it didn't matter how many voted.I hope that came out right.
    I am not sure I understand. Somehow it seems that both sides have been touting that the illegals, when made legal, will vote either Dem/Rep, depending on which 'expert' you are hearing.

The thing is Americans are pretty evenly split and vote along party lines. This block of illegals could sway the vote one way or another.

They could also elect their own representatives and in some states, possibly a senator - think about that.

Of course, right now, they have a President and many up there without even voting - just think what they could do if they were allowed to vote.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NNTrixie-thanks I didn't understand.