Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Alabama's massive chicken industry, immigrants and Obama's plan

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Judy wrote:

What you may be thinking of were the slaughterhouse workers, who handled large products like beef and pork. Those guys through the Black Meatpackers Union earned around $16 an hour, the highest manufacturing and processing wage of the times.
    You may be right, I may be thinking about meat packing plants. However, that still doesn't change the fact that we're subsidizing their cheap labor. We have a program (H-2A) designed especially for the farmers but many of them refuse to use the program because they cry that the process is to costly and cumbersome.
    Last edited by MW; 03-01-2015 at 08:53 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    Most Americans will not work 10 hours a day for minimum wage with no benefits, so that is NOT a lie.
    They work 10 hour days for minimum wage with no or few benefits all over the country. Many of them work 12 hour shifts, hold 2 and 3 jobs, to get 40 to 60 hours a week of their minimum wages.

You obviously don't know anything about American workers who do this hard work and have always done this hard work. Please don't show such disconnect and ignorance of our work force on this forum.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-01-2015 at 09:08 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I do not know one person, American or not, who would stand up for 10 or more hours a day, day in and day out, in a cold damp room cutting up chickens for minimum wage. And I'll swear to that in a court of law.
    Then either you're ready to commit perjury under oath or your background and lifestyle are so disconnected from the people of this country, that you don't know the Americans who are doing this work every single day in chicken plants all over the United States. There were 300 in my hometown, all Americans, who worked in that chicken plant for 15 years for less than $9 an hour experienced, and $7 entry level who were devastated when the plant closed. They'd worked so hard in that environment that a lot of them with years at it developed a painful carpel tunnel syndrome that required surgery to get back on the job. One of our largest employers here in my town where I live now is Smithfield Farms, a pork slaughterhouse and processing facility. All American workers. Hard difficult work, and they've been doing it for years.

So please don't promise to swear to what you know or don't know when your knowledge of a subject is irrelevant because of your lack of knowledge about it. This forum is not to be used to perpetuate lies about American Workers to feed the troughs of pro-immigration and illegal immigration advocates. So please stop.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Meat Production/Food Industry

Apply Now

Company:LSI Staffing

Date Posted:February 25, 2015

Source:LSI Staffing

Meat Packing Industry in need of production workers!

Temp to hire opportunity at a Wichita meat processing plant on 2nd shift.

Will be working in the bacon slice department weighing bacon before it is packaged OR the press area in the Meatpacking Department.

Experience preferred. Must be able to work in very fast-paced, climate controlled

environment (40 degrees), lift 25 pounds, push/pull/carry 25-50 pounds, stand 8-10

hours per day. Pre-employment background/drug screen will be required.

Wage: $8.75 per hour

Apply at LSI Staffing, 250 N. Kansas, Monday, Tuesday or Thursdays from 8: 00 am to 11: 00am

OR you may email Kelly@lsistaffing.Com . Companies are an EOE/AA

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As I stated:

I do NOT personally know any person who would work 10 hours a day for minimum wage.
    (Everyone I know gets more than minimum wage for anything they do.)

So I can truthfully state that as fact in court or elsewhere.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Judy wrote:

You may be right, I may be thinking about meat packing plants. However, that still doesn't change the fact that we're subsidizing their cheap labor. We have a program (H-2A) designed especially for the farmers but many of them refuse to use the program because they cry that the process is to costly and cumbersome.
    Probably so, the Black Meatpacker's Union was famous, they worked so hard to make many labor advances. They not only fought for their own wages, benefits and rights, they also worked for better practices that improved food quality and safety for the customers. They were a legendary union. They later merged with the White Meatpacker's Union.

As I stated:

I do NOT personally know any person who would work 10 hours a day for minimum wage.
    (Everyone I know gets more than minimum wage for anything they do.)

So I can truthfully state that as fact in court or elsewhere.
    That's fine, but this is a perfect example of someone using their own small world with such limited exposure and knowledge judging others and arriving at totally erroneous conclusions, while ignoring the vast truth. When you don't personally know anything about a subject, and refuse to acknowledge facts readily available, then it's best not to comment on it as if you do or post propaganda stories that are lies about the American Work Force.

By the way, your propaganda is 4 years old. Alabama's immigration law has worked out fine for Alabama farmers. They were just whining about losing their illegals much the way their great grandpappies whined about losing their slaves.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-01-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Apparently we have some disagreements on this thread. The subject of American workers is a serious one and can cause passions to flare but sometimes we have to just agree to disagree. We all come from different life experiences and thus sometimes disagree on some issues. Please remember we are united here for a common purpose....illegal immigration. Thank you for your understanding.

According to the current laws of the United States, Americans are not required to work 10 hour shifts without being offered compensatory overtime pay correct? The demand for people to work 10 hour shifts in hostile conditions without adequate pay is the kind of free roaming slavery the elites are manufacturing these days instead of the intent of our current laws correct?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    According to the current laws of the United States, Americans are not required to work 10 hour shifts without being offered compensatory overtime pay correct? The demand for people to work 10 hour shifts in hostile conditions without adequate pay is the kind of free roaming slavery the elites are manufacturing these days instead of the intent of our current laws correct?

W
    That's what I'm saying.
    No one I know would work 10 hour, or more, for minimum wage with few or no benefits.
    American workers are smarter than that.
    NO AMNESTY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast