Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Albor "Ruinz" strikes again.

Here is another recent editorial by Albor Ruiz. He is an enemy of the people with his constant advocations for Illegal Immigrants.

Gov. Spitzer's solid license plan now just tripwire on debate floors
    Sunday, November 18th 2007, 4:00 AM

Immigration has become a big joke. Not a very funny one and not for immigrants, but a big joke nonetheless.

Just take a look at what has happened to Gov. Spitzer's proposal to allow undocumented immigrants to drive legally. A humane and effective plan to bolster public safety has become, well, just another chance to score a point in presidential debates.

"Hillary stumbled on Gov. Spitzer's driver's license plan for undocumented immigrants in the first debate, but in the second, she recovered."

"In the second debate, it was Obama who had problems with the question of whether he supports driver's licenses for illegal immigrants, etc."

That was the depth of the comments by pundits and analysts about an issue that is a clear indication of the nation's immigration crisis.

Was Spitzer's plan sound policy? Was it killed by lies and misinformation? What good - if any - will come from not approving it? Was the proposal an attempt by the governor to deal with Washington's shameful abdication of its responsibility to enact workable immigration law?

Who cares? Clinton scores and Obama stumbles or vice versa. A bad joke.

Even less funny is that neither Clinton nor Obama would have had any trouble if, instead of running scared of the fearmongers and self-styled superpatriots, they would have behaved like real leaders and addressed the issue with honesty.

Because Spitzer's plan was sound public policy defeated by a shameless misinformation campaign.

"The governor's plan would have promoted safer roads for all state residents, increased the number of insured drivers, and supported New York's thriving immigrant community, which spurs on the state's economic vibrancy and development," said Amy Gottlieb, an attorney and director of the American Friends Service Committee's immigrant rights program in the Greater New York area.

The Department of Motor Vehicles estimates there are 500,000 unlicensed and uninsured drivers in the state. No one can say whether they know the state's traffic laws. But in all probability, they are contributing to making the roads and streets more dangerous.

Allowing the undocumented who qualify to obtain a driver's license was a practical way to deal with reality. It would have improved public safety and brought immigrants out of the shadows and into the system.

In truth, despite the histrionics of extremists, immigrants are a fundamentally decent group. Documented or not, they are struggling to give a better life to their families. And let's not forget that in the process, they are contributing with their hard work to the country's economy.

"Gov. Spitzer's idea was a bold first step, but we still lack national leadership and desperately need legislation to offer permanent legal status to the nation's undocumented population," Gottlieb said.

Don't hold your breath. Immigration reform is not happening anytime soon.

In its place - it has been said before - what we have is a show of excessive force and police-state tactics to make believe that something effective is being done to solve the immigration crisis.

Yet no one can really believe that persecuting and terrorizing "dangerous elements" such as poor workers and powerless immigrant families can have any meaningful impact on the country's safety.

Clinton scores and Obama tumbles. Or is it Obama scores and Clinton tumbles? What a joke.

Here is the comment I left:

ratbstard Nov 18, 2007 6:01:32 AM
    It seems to me Mr. Ruinz that the roads in Oklahoma must be safer now that thousands of Illegal Immigrants have self deported! I was recently stopped and ticketed for not wearing a seat-belt and had to produce my drivers license, registration and proof of insurance. Could you please tell me what is the current policy here when an Illegal Immigrant is pulled over? As I wrote out my $90 check to pay the fine I couldn't help but think that 'they' probably never even pay the fine. Am I wrong?

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/200 ... _just.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Albor "Ruinz" strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    "The governor's plan would have promoted safer roads for all state residents, increased the number of insured drivers, and supported New York's thriving immigrant community, which spurs on the state's economic vibrancy and development," said Amy Gottlieb, an attorney and director of the American Friends Service Committee's immigrant rights program in the Greater New York area.
    Why is that? Because I have seen plenty of articles saying illegal alien criminals can get insurance without that dumb old drivers license.

They need to pick a story and stick to it.
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

Allowing the undocumented who qualify to obtain a driver's license was a practical way to deal with reality. It would have improved public safety and brought immigrants out of the shadows and into the system.
    How can giving illegal immigrants a driver's license improve public safety? Illegal aliens DO NOT QUALIFY TO GET DRIVER'S LICENSES!

And PLEASE stop saying it will bring illegal "immigrants out of the shadows"! They are running around all over the place right in plain sight! AUTHORITIES DO YOUR JOB - DEPORT THEM!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn