http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/19456.html

by Jeremy Meister
Alien Rights
October 23, 2006 01:00 PM EST

Now that the media has convinced us all that the Bush Administration is going to use the Military Commissions Act of 2006 to break into our houses in the dead of night and arrest us all for not voting for him, it's time for a serious reality check.

Most of the "unbiased, non-partisan" news reports talk about how this law will affect (not only the prisoners at Gitmo) but also the illegal alien population of the US and suggesting how terrible it is that illegals will be denied "rights".

But this is completely absurd. Illegals do *not* have rights under our Constitution. Now they can benefit indirectly: Congress can pass no law abridging speech, no law banning religion, no law banning guns, etc. But to argue that these people should get lawyers, be put in civil courts and other things is just lame. Citizens in the US get court-appointed lawyers BECAUSE THEY PAY THE TAXES TO GET THEM. Illegals don't. The result is that aliens are getting the best of both worlds: all the government protections and benefits with none of the costs. So if you come here, we'll give you social security, welfare, education and health care. If you become a citizen though, you get the added "benefits" of high taxes, jury duty and a draft if we ever pass one. Yeah, that is really going to convince them to rush to the INS to begin the citizenship process.

The most basic of rights in our system is the right to vote. If you don't have to be a citizen to do that, we might as well let the UN decide all of our elections.

On the other side is "diplomatic immunity" and the privileges of being a non citizen. Muslims from the middle east can come here bringing their seven wives with them and still be considered legally married.

So my question to all the Libs out there: What are the benefits (in your mind) of being a citizen? According to a lot of you, aliens should be allowed to vote, get attourneys and so on. Plus they get to avoid taxes, military service and other obnoxious things my government asks of me from time to time. Then add in that they come here and demand that I change my life to mesh with theirs: being required to learn their language, adopt their customs, etc.

This is completely insane. It's one thing to have compassion for people - but then there is this line of bilge.