Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Aliens Could Be Deported

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?news ... 6046&rfi=6

Aliens could be deported

BY JAMES HAGGERTY STAFF WRITER
    06/03/2005

A traffic stop for speeding in Dunmore on Wednesday may result in the deportation of 11 alleged illegal aliens from Indonesia.

Although state police indicated initially the case may involve human smuggling, federal immigration officials have ruled it out.

The incident began when state police from Dunmore stopped a van for speeding at 4 p.m. in the westbound lanes of Interstate 84 near the Tigue Street exit. Police said Eko Safi'i, 832 Hemlock St., who was transporting nine female Indonesians, handed over a fraudulent New Jersey license and a false Indonesian passport.

The unidentified females in the van could not speak English, so state police contacted the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility at the Pike County Prison near Lords Valley. An agency interpreter determined all 10 in the vehicle were in the country illegally, police said.

Mr. Safi'i contacted the owner of the van, Turiman Kusweandono, of 402 Prospect Ave., who came to the scene and it was determined he was also an illegal alien, police said.

All 11 were being processed Thursday at a federal detention facility in Philadelphia.

It appeared the 10 people in the van were traveling from the Poconos to Dunmore at the time of the traffic stop, an agency spokesman said.

"I understand they were attending some sort of party or event in the Poconos," Manny Van Pelt said. "I understand all the women resided at a single residence in Dunmore."

A state police report said human smuggling was suspected, but federal investigators found otherwise.

"It's definitely not a human smuggling case but it is a case where aliens are attempting to exploit the immigration system," Mr. Van Pelt said.

All 11 people had overstayed the limits on their visas, Mr. Van Pelt said.

Mr. Safi'i will be charged with transporting illegal aliens, a federal felony, and other charges are possible, Mr. Van Pelt said.

Deportation proceedings against all 11 will be initiated, Mr. Van Pelt said, adding, "The investigation into this matter is ongoing."

There are more than 8 million illegal aliens in the United States and more than 1 million are going through court proceedings, Mr. Van Pelt said.

State police were conducting criminal history and background checks on the people in the van, but didn't expect the investigation to go beyond the traffic incident, said Trooper Bill Satkowski, a spokesman in Dunmore.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OMG......this is right in my backyard!!

Lords Valley. An agency interpreter determined all 10 in the vehicle were in the country illegally, police said.

Mr. Safi'i contacted the owner of the van, Turiman Kusweandono, of 402 Prospect Ave., who came to the scene and it was determined he was also an illegal alien, police said.

All 11 were being processed Thursday at a federal detention facility in Philadelphia.

It appeared the 10 people in the van were traveling from the Poconos to Dunmore at the time of the traffic stop, an agency spokesman said.

"I understand they were attending some sort of party or event in the Poconos
    HOLY TOLEDO
    INDONESIA = Islamic Fundamentalistsa spit from NYC!! A liesurely drive to HARTFORD and not all that far from CLEVELAND. Just mosey on up Rt. 84 and make a left to make it to BOSTON in approx. 4 hrs!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)