Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hold your horses folks! Ive found something that im not sure what to think of. It appears there is another version of this article with a very important quote from me about Fast and Furious.

It looks like one copy has this important comment censored????

Please review the copy of the original post above and this copy below and let me know what you think has happened.

---------------------------

Posted on Wednesday, 11.23.11
    2012 gop presidential campaign

Newt Gingrich could face ‘Perry Plunge’ over immigration stance

By Marc Caputo The Miami Herald

.Newt Gingrich’s soft-line position on immigration could hurt his campaign in the same way it hurt another recent Republican frontrunner, Rick Perry.

Like former frontrunner Rick Perry, Gingrich became a target of criticism among fellow Republicans at Tuesday night’s nationally televised debate for saying that some people should be allowed to stay in the United States even if they’re here illegally.

The former U.S. House Speaker said longtime residents who have raised families here, paid taxes and stayed out of trouble should not face deportation.

“I don’t see how the party that says it’s the party of the family is going to adopt an immigration policy which destroys families that have been here a quarter century,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Newt only has one principle and that's self interest. He thinks he going to get more votes than he loses. There's no evidence that this strategy will work. So if Newt is so intelligent than why is he doing that? Somebody somewhere is pulling his strings.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Please review the copy of the original post above and this copy below and let me know what you think has happened.
    Sounds like they quoted you off the site!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Added an article from above to the Homepage with slightly amended title:
    http://www.alipac.us/article-6801--0-0.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

newt

""As Speaker of the House, Gingrich was in the pivotal position to help Immigration Subcommittee Chairman Lamar Smith push through the 1996 comprehensive bill that set up the verification program that eventually was named "E-Verify."

The Commission had found that illegal immigration was booming in the 10 years since the 1986 blanket amnesty because illegal aliens had found it was still easy to obtain and keep U.S. jobs.

What did Speaker Gingrich do?

Those of us involved in that fight know that we were constantly and desperately seeking support from Gingrich which didn't come.

Instead, Gingrich tried to kill the new job verification system entirely. Fortunately, the killer amendment he supported failed. No thanks to Gingrich, we have an E-Verify system today.

But the E-Verify system is entirely VOLUNTARY today because of another House vote which Gingrich won. That vote was to make sure that the verification system would NOT be MANDATORY for employers.

The nation's Big Business lobbies deemed it essential that employers maintain the ability to cheat the paper verification systemand hire illegal workers. Speaker Gingrich saw to it that the ability continued.

I am heartsick every time I think of that lost opportunity in 1996. If Speaker Gingrich had thrown his considerable talents and power behind the bi-partisan recommendationsand supported Lamar Smith, most of the illegal aliens who arrived since then would not have bothered. And most of the illegal aliens who arrived before 1996 -- with less than 10 years of roots in this country -- would have gone back home.

Illegal immigration would not be topic of the 2012 Presidential debates.""

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12