Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC Group Calls on Workers to Report Hiring Of illegals

Group Calls on Workers to Report Hiring
    Of Undocumented Construction Workers

1/18/2006
    By Andrew M. Ballard
    BNA News

RALEIGH, N.C.--Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) has joined with other groups to launch a national campaign to protest the hiring of undocumented workers with "special emphasis" on the construction industry in North Carolina, the advocacy group announced Jan. 11.
    More attention will be placed on the construction industry in North Carolina as the state bankers' association has identified it as a sector that has employed a large number of illegal aliens, according to William Gheen, president of ALIPAC.

The group said it is distributing flyers at construction sites around the United States, urging workers to report undocumented workers and companies that hire them to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Contact information for ICE and groups working to prevent the hiring of undocumented workers are published on the flyer. A telephone number for the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements, a service provided for the federal government aimed at helping employers verify the authenticity of immigration documents, also is contained in the flyer.

Raleigh-based ALIPAC said Latino Americans for Immigration Reform and www.WeHireAliens.com also are participating in the effort.

"We hope these flyers will help both law abiding employers and distraught American workers alike," Gheen said. The flyers are "offered in Spanish to help both legal aliens and even illegal aliens that are upset with abusive employers," he said in a Jan. 11 statement.

In addition, he said posting the names of companies hiring illegal workers on WeHireAliens(DOT)com has resulted in some employers "getting their acts together."

There are safeguards to help prevent disgruntled employees or others from falsely reporting the hiring of illegal workers to federal agencies, as such statements are against the law, Gheen told BNA.

According to Gheen, his group has been contacted by 45 other organizations around the United States that want to participate in the effort.

An ICE spokesman told BNA that the agency gets many calls reporting undocumented workers, but it focuses its efforts on illegal immigrants that pose a danger to the public.

Temple Black, a spokesman with ICE's regional office in New Orleans, said the agency "get lots and lots and lots and lots of those calls and then we get lots more," Black said. However, he said, ICE's priority is tracking down illegal aliens that have criminal backgrounds or are suspected terrorists.

"We try to deal with the resources we have," Black told BNA.

Text of the flyers is available from ALIPAC at http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... age&pid=24
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Our ICE office was closed by Obama

My husband, an American born citizen who is highly skilled, worked, and paid taxes all his life was replaced by several illegal workers at his job in Dec 2009... 4 weeks after our 23 year old son died, and two weeks before Christmas. Let it be known, he was in charge of training the new illegal employee and once he was finished doing that, my husband was fired.. not layed off... fired.
    We are now fighting for his measly $200 unemployment benefits (only half his take home pay).
    Hoof Beat Gates and Corral's owner told my husband, Charlie to mind his own business when Charlie was witness that the second employee was illegal. The owner said 'no one cares if I hire illegal workers and no one will do anything'. Apparently Mr. Lester was correct.

In the fall of 2008 just as the recession started to take hold, my husband Charlie discovered an old boss and friend was moving to town to start a welding business. My husband is highly skilled journeyman in this area and got the jump on the job and was officially hired in Septemberish of 2008. Charlie accepted a cut in pay and benefits from his prior job of 18$ p/h to a measly $10 with the verbal contract that Charlie would get a raise and be promoted before the hiring of any new employee. Charlie accepted the job at that time for what was low pay at that time on that agreement.

With in a few months, an illegal named Tony who also knew Mr. Lester came by, started drinking with the boss (my husband does not drink) and before we new it.... Mr. Lester hired Tony the illegal worker. Mr. Lester and Tony shared many beers after work, while my husband, who isn't into that lifestyle came home. Many times they both drank alcohol on the job while using welders, forklifts and other dangerous equipment.

One time after having a few beers during work hours, Mr. Lester even drove a forklift and nudged my husband while he was balancing on a trailor. Charlie was injured but said nothing nor sought medical care.

The nights the illegal spent drinking with the boss as Charlie soon became the outsider and the butt of many jokes. Although highly skilled, he was belittled and soon, it wasn't Charlie who was promoted, but the illegal worker who may not even be legal to be IN the US. Even then Charlie was still held responsible for any errors made, even if most mistakes were made by the 20 something illegal with less experience.

By then the recession was in full swing. I made Charlie go to work, even though he was treated so badly every day. It's no surprise that when he was refused a week's vacation after a little over a year of loyal service, Charlie did develop a bit of an atitude, but he stuck with his job to support me and our boys.

It only got worst through the year and a half employment. When our 23 year old son was suddenly and brutally killed in November, Mr. Lester joked about how our son died in Charlie's presence. This is the camel that broke my back, as a horrified, shocked, grieving Mom and Wife, I started email MRS. Lester asking her to refrain from joking about our dead son. Also they did not want Charlie to take more than 2 days off of work.. the day our son died, and the next day only. Charlie worked Saturday to make up for some time lost. My mother had to go to his job and ask the boss to let Charlie go home early so he could support me as we viewed our dead son at the funeral home.

Everything spiraled down from there. Mr. Lester hired a new employee the week our son died, he too was illegal, he had Charlie working overtime to train this new illegal. Charlie was training his replacement.

One evening, Charlie noticed that Tony, the illegal 'supervisor' had not done a welding job properly. Knowing how particular Mr. Lester was, my husband stood up for his boss and told Tony that he would stay late to fix Tony's error. Tony, someone not even legal to be in the US cussed at Charlie, yelled at him, and FIRED him.

A day later, Mr. Lester officially fired him for 'insubordination' because Tony got mad at him. The insubordination was the actions of Tony's vulgar language and threats upon my husband for wanting to do the job properly.

Now all the employees working for Mr. Lester at Hoof Beat Gates are illegal to my knowlege. ICE in Reno was closed by Obama. There are no other jobs, our state has the HIGHEST unemployment rate, and what's worst.... Mr. Lester is trying to fight Charlie's right to collect his unemployment.

Millions of American's are out of work and I know where 5 American's could get a job, if the man were hiring legal people.... so even during the recession, foreigners are still taking our jobs.

It does mention in the Bible that God told Isreal if they did not follow his ways 'foreigners' would take their jobs, their land, and even become their leader. I think perhaps we should start thinking about applying that to today's America.

We are alone, my husband and I in this fight and don't have a leg to stand on.

Where is the petition, where do I report this? Just point...

Mrs. Susan H.
    Fallon, Nevada
    'Triumph over adversity molds and shapes us into the people we are today' SusieQ

April
    Info on reporting is at:

http://www.alipac.us/content-20.html

So does this mean we are going up against Dick Trumka, President of the ALF-CIO? He supports amnesty. If yes then I love it!!

Not prejustice....yet

Please understand I am not prejustist (sp). I believe we are all people under God. But this is our nation, just like Israel is a nation, or Canada is a nation, etc. I believe that those who live in this nation should be citizen's of this nation before they work and they must pay taxes and live in this country legally before being entitled to benefits of this country (like welfare, food stamps etc).
    I am not against legal people working in the U.S. but one must follow the law of our nation and become a legal US Citizen before stealing our jobs... and their families start collecting tax payer dollars in the form of welfare benefits.

My husband was FIRED by a man who is not legal to even be in our country... and now he is under appeal and has to fight for HIS legal right to unemployment benefits... I just can't wrap my mind around this.

SusieQ
    'Triumph over adversity molds and shapes us into the people we are today' SusieQ

Thanx for the link

P.S. Thanks for the link, we used to have an office in Reno, who last year was interested in our case. As you can see Obama has no closed this near by office. I am afraid if I report this (I will be) it will be thrown in a pile and the biggest cases, closest too the offices will be a priority... Larry was right, no one will care about his hiring of illegals or do anything about it.
    I will call them anyway.
    Thanx so much,
    SusieQ

Re: Thanx for the link

Quote Originally Posted by smartesusieq
    P.S. Thanks for the link, we used to have an office in Reno, who last year was interested in our case. As you can see Obama has no closed this near by office. I am afraid if I report this (I will be) it will be thrown in a pile and the biggest cases, closest too the offices will be a priority... Larry was right, no one will care about his hiring of illegals or do anything about it.
    I will call them anyway.
    Thanx so much,
    SusieQ
    As a retired "Plant Mgr", responsible for hiring and firing, you need a good lawyer. You also need to sit down and document things, before you forget them. Good luck.