Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

re: Gutter-ez touring the Country

Obviously he FIBs (a colloquial tem for Illinis I picked up from my Bro-in-Law (from Wisconsin) don't miss him NOT taking care of THEIR business

Hundreds rally against deportation of immigrants
    Posted: Apr 20, 2011 9:24 PM CDT
    Updated: Apr 20, 2011 10:37 PM CDT
    By Tom Roussey, Reporter

Video: Immigration reform 2:37

Hundreds of people rallied at a church in Charlotte's Belmont neighborhood Wednesday night, calling for an end to deportations that break up families.

The event was part of a nationwide tour by U.S. Representative Luis Gutierrez of Chicago.

In an at-times passionate speech, he told the crowd the U.S. immigration system is broken. He called on President Obama to use the power of his office to stop deportations that break up families.

Many who came to St. Paul's Baptist Church for the rally had personal stories of how deportation has affected their loved ones. One woman who's a U.S. citizen told the crowd her illegal immigrant fiancee is facing deportation after being arrested for a minor offense.

"Even though he wasn't born here, he is my family," she said. "He is my children's father. And that's all that should matter."

Outside the rally Mar Betancourt told us her American citizen cousins' illegal immigrant parents were deported, and it's caused psychological issues for her cousins.

"Why deport somebody if you're breaking up families?" Betancourt said. "Where have our American values gone?"

In an interview after the rally, Gutierrez told WBTV he is against the 287g program used by many sheriff's offices in our area to identify illegal immigrants.

He says too many are being later deported by the federal government after being arrested for minor offenses.

"I want my federal government to make me safer by going after dangerous criminals in our community, jailing them and deporting them," Gutierrez said. "Those aren't dangerous criminals that we heard from today."

But Mecklenburg County Sheriff Chipp Bailey says 287g is a great program that does what it's meant to do.

"No one living here has anything to fear as long as they follow the law," Bailey told WBTV.

Many folks who disagree with the point of Wednesday's rally say it shouldn't be the government that gets blamed for breaking up families -- it should be the folks who chose to come to the U.S. illegally. But Gutierrez disagrees.

"What do you say to those four million American citizen children?" he said. "Do you say, '[your] mom should have thought about that?'"

http://www.wbtv.com/story/14486869/hund ... ected=true

He says too many are being later deported by the federal government after being arrested for minor offenses.
    So not only are they here illegally, they are also being arrested for "minor offenses" and yet they have the audacity to be angry their loved ones are being deported.

This is why there can never be "open dialogue" on this subject, because those who are demanding amnesty and other privileges, not entitled to, are simply too far gone in their thought process and demands for preferential treatment to ever settle for anything other than what amounts to rewarding illegal behavior. How can you ever hope to reason with some who thinks like this? It's impossible.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Luis Gutierrez moses of the latinos ?

I'am Latino
    Luis Gutierres is not my moses.
    this is ridiculous
    All Countries have bordersÂ* and laws must be respected

Sorry, ja ja ja is laughter
    All Countries have bordersÂ* and laws must be respected

If the U.S. was united against illegal immigration from the beginning, we would not be having these problems today. Those breaking the law would have been deported, a great nation would have one of the most secure borders in the world and finally, all this illegal immigration stuff would not be front page news and illegals and their mouthpieces would not have monopolized U.S. immigration to themselves.
    The real question is: what if NOTHING gets done about the invasion for the next 10-20 years? What will happen?

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF THESE IDIOTS SAYING THAT OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM IS BROKEN WHEN ITS NOT. THE ONLY THING THAT IS WRONG WITH IT IS THE REFUSAL OF THE PRESIDENT AND CONGRESS TO ENFORCE THE LAWS THAT ARE ON THE BOOKS. DO WE AS A COUNTRY AND A STATE HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS ENFORCED JUST AS EVERY OTHER COUNTRY DOES JUST BECAUSE OUR LAWS DON'T SUIT THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT AND ITS PEASANTS, THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN WHATS BEING BROKEN ARE OUR LAWS BY THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO COME HERE ILLEGALLY WITH THE BLESSING OF THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT. THEY EXPECT THEIR LAWS TO BE ENFORCED AND, WE AS A COUNTRY HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPECT THE SAME. AS FOR THESE PITY PARTIES OF THOSE WHO BLAME EVERYONE BUT THEMSELVES FOR THIER FAMILIES BEING TORN APART, WELL THERE IS NOTHING STOPPING THESE FAMILIES FROM LEAVING THE U.S. TOGETHER. NO ONE IS PREVENTING THEM FROM LEAVING. AND THEIR CHILDREN SHOULD HAVE THEIR CITIZENSHIP REVOKED IMO, THEY ARE NOT CITIZENS.

"WE NEED TO DEMAND THE CHANGES" IF THEY ARE SO BOLD TO BE MAKING DEMANDS OF A COUNTRY IN WHICH THEY ARE RESIDING ILLEGALLY, THEN WHY CAN'T THEY USE THAT SAME SPUNK IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY AND DEMAND A BETTER LIFE AS WELL AS A FREE EDUCATION AND LIVING CONDITIONS LIKE THEY ARE DOING HERE THEY KNOW THAT THEY DON'T DARE DO THE THINGS IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY THAT THEY ARE GETTING AWAY WITH DOING HERE IN THE U.S.A. AND, THEY SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO DO IT HERE BECAUSE THEY ARE ILLEGALLY PRESENT IN THIS COUNTRY AND THEY ACT AS IF IT IS THEIR COUNTRY AND THAT THEY ARE ENTITLED TO DO AS THEY PLEASE. NO OTHER COUNTRY WOULD TOLERATE THIS BS FROM THESE PEASANTS FROM MEXICO. AND WE SHOULDN'T ALLOW IT EITHER

He can "call out for any changes" he wants to, the only changes he will get is new leadership and deportations. Americans have the last say about what happens in the U.S. and he must remember that!!

He also called on President Barack Obama to stop deportations of innocent people.

Aiding and abetting, assisting with breaking our Country laws.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12