Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
Is this being enforced? We know they are still entering illegally. Who knows if they are allowed to apply for asylum. I haven't seen any reports of them being deported immediately. Apparently they are just being turned loose. So what did we gain from that law, if they are simply on one of those buses and turned loose?
US asylum laws allow for anyone who illegally enters the US to claim asylum as well as those who request asylum at the ports of entry. Trump issued an order to deny those who enter illegally to request asylum so they could be deported straight away. But after he did that someone filed a lawsuit and a federal judge ruled he couldn't do that and put an injunction out to stop his order, so for now, everything is as it was, and illegal aliens entering illegally, can request asylum the same as those who request it at a port of entry. They have a year to do so. Yes, under the asylum laws, they are just turned loose if they pass the credible fear interview which most do. I think they even get a work permit if they want and ask for one, not sure about that, maybe someone else here knows for sure about that. It will be years before their hearing so ... I think they give them work permits.