Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

American who retired in Mexico found dead

VALLEY CENTER: Man who retired near Ensenada found dead

By EDWARD SIFUENTES esifuentes@nctimes.com
    Friday, November 11, 2011 6:45 pm

A Valley Center man who had retired in a small town south of Ensenada was found dead two weeks ago by Mexican authorities.

Gary Barlow, who had worked as an agriculture manager in the avocado industry in Valley Center, moved to Mexico three years ago because he always wanted to live there, said John Barlow, 24, his son.

On Oct. 27, Gary Barlow's partially decomposed body was found in bed. His hands were bound behind his back and he apparently had suffocated, John Barlow said.

Barlow said he believes his father was killed by people he knew, including a woman he had dated in the past, her sister and one other person. Barlow spoke to The Roadrunner newspaper in Valley Center last week about his father's slaying.

"I don't believe it was a random murder at all," Barlow said in a phone interview with the North County Times on Friday. "It was hanging out with bad company."

Mexican authorities are investigating the incident and are aware of the two women, but no arrests have been made, Barlow said. The women have fled and have not been found, he said.

Since the body was found, Barlow said, he has visited his father's home in San Carlos Canyon, near Ensenada about 65 miles south of Tijuana, several times trying to figure out who was responsible. On Thursday, he returned to North County with his father's ashes.

Gary Barlow dated two women, who are sisters, John Barlow said. Barlow alleges that the women are drug addicts. One of them had moved in with his father in the days before he was killed, Barlow said.

His father had reported several crimes to police involving the two women over the past several years, Barlow said. They had robbed his RV while living in an RV park a few years ago, Barlow said. His father was also beaten by one of the women and a man, he said.

When Gary Barlow's body was found, Mexican media speculated whether the slaying had links to the rampant drug violence occurring in Baja California. John Barlow said he does not believe his father's death had anything to do with that.

"I was outraged when he died," he said. "However, I don't believe his death was related to the drug cartels. It was petty thieves."

Barlow said he believes his father was killed Oct. 19. He said he believes a man was involved in the crime because his father's cars had been tampered with. He said a battery was stolen out of his truck and gasoline was taken to be used in another vehicle.

One of the vehicles was found abandoned nearby on Oct. 20, Barlow said.

Barlow's family members learned about the slaying when the U.S. Consulate contacted them last week to inform them that the body had been found Oct. 27.

Gary Barlow lived in Valley Center for about 10 years starting in 1996, his son said. He had always dreamed of retiring in Mexico, a place he loved, John Barlow said.

"He raised our family with trips down there," John Barlow said. "He had a lot of love for the Mexican people."

El Vijia, a newspaper in Ensenada, reported that Mexican authorities were investigating the case as a murder and robbery. Gary Barlow was known to bring strangers into his home to drink and speak with for hours at a time, according to cleaning people interviewed by the newspaper.

John Barlow said he believes that Mexico is safe to visit but that his father may have kept the wrong company.

"My honest-to-God opinion is that the three times I've been there, I felt safe down there," he said. "As long as you take precautionary measures, it's OK."

Contact staff writer Edward Sifuentes at 760-740-3511

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/valle ... z1dSnQuJH0
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    "My honest-to-God opinion is that the three times I've been there, I felt safe down there," he said. "As long as you take precautionary measures, it's OK."
    My honest to God opinion is that you are a total nut-case. Dont be tellin people it is safe there. If you wanna hang out in that hell-hole , fine. I aint goin!!! My honest to God opinion is mexico sucks.

QUOTE.........."Gary Barlow dated two women, who are sisters, John Barlow said. Barlow alleges that the women are drug addicts. One of them had moved in with his father in the days before he was killed, Barlow said."

And we the people still think that Mexicans are not drug addicts? They are polluted to an extreme not witnessed in the US
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson