Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Americans view Mexicans well; reverse not true

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060 ... -1238r.htm

Americans view Mexicans well; reverse not true
    By Stephen Dinan
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    Published March 21, 2006

Mexicans see Americans as racist, dishonest and exploitative, while Americans see Mexicans as hardworking and think they are more tolerant than Americans.
    A new survey of attitudes the two countries hold toward each other showed the border is more than a geographic divide, but also a fissure in public opinions of the two nations and what their citizens think of each other.
    The poll, taken by New York-based Zogby International and the Centro de Investigacion para el Desarrollo AC in Mexico City, found that 62 percent of Mexicans surveyed said the United States is more wealthy than Mexico because "it exploits others' wealth." Only 22 percent said it was because the United States is "a free country where people have plenty of opportunity to work."
    Among Americans, 78 percent saw Mexicans as hardworking, and 44 percent saw them as tolerant. Among Mexicans, just 26 percent saw Americans as hardworking, 16 percent saw them as honest and 73 percent said Americans are racist.
    "Mexicans think Americans are neither hard workers nor honest," the report's authors wrote. "They see them as racist, intolerant and moderately law-abiding."
    The study comes as Congress is debating how to increase immigration enforcement and whether to create a guest-worker program that would allow new foreign workers and current illegal aliens -- a majority of whom are Mexican nationals -- to apply.
    President Bush yesterday called for a "civil" debate, saying the nation has "been through these periods before where the immigration debate can get harsh."
    "And it should not be harsh," he added.
    He repeated his pledge that those who take part in his proposed guest-worker program should not be allowed to join the line for citizenship out of order, but he conceded there's a question of "what about the person who's been here since 1987." He did not answer that question.
    The House last year passed an immigration-enforcement bill that calls for building nearly 700 miles of fence on the U.S.-Mexico border, but the new poll says that's unpopular among both Americans and Mexicans. Fully 90 percent of Mexicans oppose a wall, as do 69 percent of Americans.
    Still, the poll found that 62 percent of Americans want their member of Congress to support "more restrictive" immigration laws, while 30 percent support "more open" laws.
    While 84 percent of Americans had a favorable opinion of Mexicans, just 27 percent have a favorable opinion of the Mexican government. By contrast, just 36 percent of Mexicans have a favorable opinion of Americans.
    And yet nearly half of the Mexicans surveyed said crossing the border and working illegally in the United States would improve their lives -- 45 percent said yes, while 47 percent said no.
    The U.S. portion of the poll included 1,010 persons; the Mexican portion surveyed 1,000. The U.S. margin of error was 3.2 percentage points; the Mexican margin was 3.1 percentage points.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Zogby is an American hating racist himself. He's the same clown that said that Congress trying to deny the Dubai ports deal was due to Anti Arab bigotry. Oh yeah he's got great credibility I tell ya.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have been saying only half in jest that the movement should have Americans enter Mexico on visitors visas then report what happens if the Americans go on the Mexican street corners and act as jornaleros. I hope the volunteers have the constitution to be rousted, beaten, jailed and deported. At least it would be a fast process about three weeks because in Mexico deportation is a summary process.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

69% of Americans oppose the wall?? Who did they call?

This 'report', would have made me mad if it weren't so ludicrous.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

DISHONEST !!!!!!! Breaking immigration laws, using forged and stolen identification, welfare fraud, having babies on the blacktop of I-10 just to get a free WELFARE RIDE. Coveting this country because their own is such a cesspool they can't live there, but they bring their sewage with them. US doesn't look like Mexico, but parts of it are starting to. I suppose it is much nicer here and there are more opportunities here, because AMERICANS made them. This will NEVER be Aztlan!!!!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Being born in Texas I was raised around Mexicans. Grandad used them on the ranch.

Mexicans are known for being able to steal your socks without first removing your shoes. They are also quite lazy in spite of their 'hardworking' reputation.

One cotton season Grandad had hired some pickers who did not know that Grandad spoke spanish. They came in that first evening to weigh their cottons sacks...they were paid by the pound....and they were laughing and talking among themselves about the rocks and things with which they had weighed down their sacks.

Grandad fired them all on the spot...in fluent spanish...lol

So much for what I think of Mexicans.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones