Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Amnesty Given Another Chance

We need people to start calling senators ASAP on the AgJOBS amnesty threat this week. Action thread here:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-88376-175.html

_________

Amnesty Given Another Chance
    By: Joe Murray, The Bulletin
    11/05/2007

Just as the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act (known as the DREAM Act) was going down in smoke, the legislative victory party held for opponents of amnesty may have come to an abrupt end.

Last week, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) announced his plans to attach the AgJOBS Act of 2007 (S. 340), a bill widely known as a guest worker program and criticized as amnesty for agriculture workers, to the farm bill presently in Congress. Debate on the amendment could come as early as today.

"America's agriculture is dependent on hand labor. When we think of agriculture in the Midwest, we think of large machines doing all the work. It is simply not true," Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) stated while on the Senate floor. Mr. Craig, along with Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-Calif.) authored the bill.

Mr. Craig argued the government's efforts in securing the border has made it increasingly difficult for illegal aliens to enter the United States, and because the country is at "full employment," it is feared "packing sheds this fall and some of our produce, our fruits, and our vegetables ... will not get harvested." Immigration reforms advocates disagree.

Under the AgJOBS legislation, illegal immigrants working in agriculture can first apply for a temporary resident status, known as blue card status, and then apply for permanent residence, otherwise known as green card status. NumbersUSA, an immigration reform organization, estimates 860,000 to 1.2 million illegal aliens may qualify for the amnesty.

If an immigrant is granted blue card status he is bestowed a number of benefits, such as the right to work, treatment as a permanent legal resident, and after as little as three years could obtain a green card. Furthermore, blue cards are also given to the families of the worker, therefore raising the total of illegal immigrants benefiting from the amnesty to over 3 million.

Last may, the Senate included the AgJOBS legislation in its comprehensive immigration bill, but the measure, along with the entire bill, was rejected. And while the defeat of the DREAM Act may have been a setback, the Senate is prepared to keep the issue of amnesty alive.

"AgJOBS is unpopular with voters and costly to taxpayers; it will encourage illegal immigration, invite fraud, and overwhelm adjudicators without providing a stable, legal agriculture workforce," said Roy Beck, executive director of NumbersUSA.

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/news.cfm ... 6361&rfi=6
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Excellent timing Diane! Tomorrow I'll make sure not to vote for any Democrats. Since dems can't seem to GET it, my vote will speak volumes!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

So, I guess the bottom line to all this is...

It's to time to re-defeat amnesty once again

I'm calling and emailing like crazy! I CANT WAIT UNTIL THESE BOZOS START REALIZING THAT WE DONT WANT OR NEED ANOTHER AMNESTY!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am on it NOW!!

------ACTION ALERT! ------
    ACTIVIST...."D-DAY WEEK, FARM BILL= AG'S JOB BILL =AMNESTY" PLEASE MAKE CALLS, E-MAILS AND FAXES!!
    NOW!!!
    Link to action thread!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-88376.html
    "LOST"(LAW OF THE SEA TREATY) NEEDS DEFEATED!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-89278.html
    Contact Info...Senators, Representatives & USEFUL INFORMATION
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=384761
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thanks; I'm sure you've read the urgent FAIR alert just released.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Thanks; I'm sure you've read the urgent FAIR alert just released.
    Yep!! Read it!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Email blast sent to all persons:
    "Call Senators to oppose AgJobs amendment to the Farm Bill."
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)