Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Amnesty would follow Democratic win

Today’s Marietta Daily Journal column

Posted by D.A. King at 1:28 pm

Amnesty would follow Democratic win

D.A. King
    Columnist
    Marietta Daily Journal
    October 26, 2006

“During 2005, the Border Patrol apprehended approximately 1.2 million illegal aliens. Federal law enforcement estimates that 10 percent to 30 percent of illegal aliens are actually apprehended - therefore, in 2005, as many as 4 to 10 million illegal aliens crossed into the United States.” - from: “A Line in the Sand: Confronting the Threat at the Southwest Border,” a report released by the House Committee on Homeland Security last week.

If we all try very, very hard on our way to the mall or soccer practice, some of us may be able to convince ourselves that “they” will soon - and voluntarily - solve the nationally suicidal crisis caused by America’s intentionally unsecured borders and the resulting invasion and colonization of our children’s nation.

Some may even be able to accept the ridiculous estimate bandied about that there are only 11 or 12 million illegal aliens in the United States. Or that about half a million illegals enter our nation annually.

Others may stretch some more and go along with the theory constantly promoted by the American president that “there are jobs Americans will not do.” Or that anyone who is “just looking for a better life” has some universal civil right to live and work in the U.S. - regardless of the laws broken to get here and do so.

The numbers of Americans who can make that irrational leap are rapidly shrinking, except in Washington and corporate boardrooms.

A 38 page report released by the U. S. House Homeland Security Subcommittee on Investigations last week may put some doubt in even the most ardent “we lasted this long as a nation, everything will be OK eventually” crowd.

For those of us rooted in reality, some news from the congressional report on the Southwest border:

* “Members of Hezbollah have already entered the United States across the Southwest border.”

* Of the 1.2 million illegal border crossers apprehended in 2005, only 165,000 were not from Mexico - and 650 of those were from countries with known terrorist activity.

Let’s see, it can’t be too bad having unsecured borders in a war on terror if we are catching 10 - 30 percent of the potential terrorists illegally entering our homeland. At the worst, only about 1,500 of them made it over our borders last year. Right? Try hard, dear readers.

There can be no harm to American sovereignty if more than 10 percent of Mexico now lives in the U.S., right? And polls in that Third World narco-oligarchy show that more than 40 percent of the remaining population of 106 million would “migrate” here if they could.

The House report estimates that as much as 11 million pounds of cocaine made it into our nation from Mexico last year and states that Mexican drug cartels are the most dangerous criminal enterprise facing American law enforcement.

I told you - we must try hard.

That 1,950-mile border with Mexico that the strongest nation in the world cannot control?

The House report points out that “the Mexican drug cartels wield substantial control over the U.S. - Mexican border.” And that they operate with military grade weapons, technology and intelligence. Our own Border Patrol Agents and law enforcement are out-gunned and out-manned.

We are past the five-year mark from the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, wages are going down for low-skilled Americans - if they can get a job without knowledge of the Spanish language - and 90 percent of the drug dealing MS-13 gangs here in Ben Franklin’s republic are described by the FBI as being made up of illegal aliens.

Try hard folks, everything will be all right if we can just grant another amnesty. And illegal immigration is only a federal problem.

Knee-jerk radio talk-show hosts will mindlessly wail that for a variety of reasons, it is time for the Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives to go. Nonsense.

As someone who is proudly and firmly not a member of any political party, I must point out that it is the House Republicans, and not enough of the Senate Republicans, who have some apparently “hard-line” idea that we need to enforce our laws and secure our borders.

If we must continually describe ourselves in “hyphenated-American” terms, this “Fed Up-American” views the House GOP as the badly needed third party that represents the majority of Americans.

Let’s try hard to realize that if the Democrats take the U.S. House, the McCain-Kennedy-Bush amnesty will be a reality faster than you can say “borderless continent” - in Espanol.

D.A. King lives in northeast Cobb and is president of The Dustin Inman Society, a coalition dedicated to educating the public on the consequences of illegal immigration.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Amnesty will probably follow either party. They are not interested in the American people until election time rolls around. They are interested in lining their pockets with dirty money from those who want them to turn a blind eye to the lawbreaking and destruction of our country.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amnesty will probably follow either party. They are not interested in the American people until election time rolls around. They are interested in lining their pockets with dirty money from those who want them to turn a blind eye to the lawbreaking and destruction of our country.

Sadly.....that's what I see too. Especially when it's not even safe to disagree anymore without violence or destruction of some sort.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Cindy wrote:

Amnesty will probably follow either party.
    If you want a sure thing in regards to amnesty, vot Democrat. If you want a some wiggle room on the issue, vote Repbulican.

Every issue and vote up to this point has shown that a Democrat controlled U.S. House with Rep. Nacy Pelosi(sp?) running the show will most certainly mean a path to legalization for millions of illegal immigrants. A Republican controlled U.S. House will not vote for an amnesty bill in 2007. Personally, I prefer to stick with the side that has the proven track record against voting favorabally for amnesty, vice going with the team that has railed for amnesty via their votes.

As for the Senate, 32 of 55 Republicans voted against the S. 2611 amnesty bill, but unfortunately only 4 Democrats voted against it. You tell me, which side of the aisle look worse on the issue?

The way I see it, you have to go with the odds on this issue. Don't take my word for it, check the congressional voting records. We all know the rhetoric being spouted by both sides means very little just weeks before the elections, but the individual and group voting records can't be debated away - they are there for the whole country to see.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Even though I feel like giving my Rep. the boot big time.....the closer we get to election day the more afraid I'm becoming to actually do it.

I don't want to go from the pot straight into the fire !!

Do you realize that compared to John Kerry in dealing with illegal immigration George Bush would seem like a enforcement tzar.

I don't know what the answer is. I have a guess who ALIPAC will choose to be the best choice for my area, Florida District 22, but until it's official I will continue to fret patiently.

I'll be voting for whichever candidate ALIPAC supports or endorses.

I would never let either party feel anything is a
    given in the future. We know now it's not a choice
    between light & darkness when a conservative
    president & senate push amnesty & tax cuts for
    illegal aliens. How can any real conservative ever
    trust the RNC again?

The real disappointment is the democratic party
    abandoning working & middle class americans
    for a bunch of tired limosine liberals.

I wish their were more patriotic independents to vote for in the US.

We need strong support for a 3rd party besides these two. Independent and patriotic is the way to go for the middle class.

We already have a de facto amnesty now. How many times does Bush have to say that we can't deport 12 million people before you believe that he means it?

The only question is are we going to do anything to secure our border? The Republicans have an edge here, but after six years they've still done nothing other than talk about it.

As for the much ballyhooed "border fence" bill that was just signed, they've got another two years to screw around before they actually have to do anything. And Bush will decide what the meaning of the word "fence" is.

He is the "Decider", after all.

Sure, the Democrats will push amnesty if they take control. But Bush says he's against amnesty. So, maybe he'd actually veto a Democrat amnesty bill. Who knows?

All I do know is that the corruption and stench coming out of Washington DC is the worst I've ever seen in my life. To reward these people by re-electing them because the other side might be worse is just something each of us will have to decide on their own.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Boy, these are sad days in America's history.

To think we have a president who doesn't even believe in enforcing laws already on the books when we have a crisis going on. To think he will continue to ignore the American people's call to action !! Major action, not a bunch of fly by night answers when we all know that he's only half serious...if that much!!

He could get on TV and say the right things and it wouldn't be out of line for him to say, "America is enforcing immigration laws. If you are in the U.S. illegally you should make arrangements to return to the country you came from and go through legal procedures if you want to live legally in America."

Oh......how hard a thing for him to say.

Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast