Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another pro illegal alien rally - They just don't quit

Rally pushes immigration reform

Yvonne Wingett
    The Arizona Republic
    Mar. 21, 2006 05:54 PM

Immigrants and U.S.-born Latinos carrying poster boards and Mexican flags on Tuesday rallied their support of a bipartisan bill that seeks to stem illegal immigration by creating more ways for workers to enter legally.

About 60 children, lawyers and service workers and stay-at-home moms gathered outside of the Mexican consulate at 19th Avenue and Camelback Road, and caravanned in the rain to McCains office at 16th Street and Missouri Avenue.

Members of the group Padres Preocupados, or Worried Parents, said the bill would ease fears of living underground, and would help them contribute more to society. They waved signs in Spanish that translate to "We want legalization for everyone."

Gretal Posada, 11, was born at Maricopa County Hospital; her parents are undocumented Mexican immigrants.

"I want to study here, live here," said Posada, carrying a sign next to her mom, Araceili Posada. "My friends are mostly Hispanic. I was born here, and it's the only place I know."

The small rally is the latest in a strong of grass-roots protests, marches and boycotts by Hispanics since 2004, when voters passed Proposition 200, a law that prohibits undocumented immigrations from voting or receiving certain public benefits.

Two other marches against proposed legislation that would make life more difficult for undocumented immigrants are scheduled for 11 a.m. on Friday and are expected to draw hundreds.

Marchers are going to the offices of Sen. John Kyl, R, Ariz., who along with GOP Sen. John Cornyn, Texas, has announced plans for an immigration bill. In part, theirs would require workers to leave the U.S. to apply for temporary work permits.

Rally organizer Sarah Carcamo said the rally was meant to raise awareness about McCain's bill. Local Hispanic-based non-profits are not doing enough, she said, to educate immigrants on the details.

"We need legalization," said Carcamo, a Guatamalan native who lives in north Phoenix. "(Immigrants) are tired of using fake documents. They're tired of not getting driver's licenses. Their U.S.-born children, they feel intimidated that they will have to go back to their parents home - Mexico - of being deported."

Reach the reporter at (602) 444-4712 or yvonne.wingett@arizonarepublic.com.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

They are going to McCain's and Kyl's offices? Don't they have any information - Kyl's bill is pretty much dead in the water now anyway - McCain is a traitor to this country and the best friend they have.

What is the point? To let Americans see how unafraid they are to run the streets of our cities - to thumb their noses at ICE and the immigration law's lack of teeth? To create another AFFRONT to the legal immigrant that waited his/her turn to come in legally?

I'm glad that American instincts have been not to dignify these displays with "counter protests". We can quietly visit our congressmen this week, or have a quiet gathering outside the offices.

BTW this is a great site. Let's help get it going.

http://wehategringos.com/whg/
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Quote:
    Immigrants and U.S.-born Latinos carrying poster boards and Mexican flags on Tuesday rallied their support of a bipartisan bill that seeks to stem illegal immigration by creating more ways for workers to enter legally.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    Why do they keep carrying the Mexican flag to these protests?
    What do they think America is? Just another stumping ground for them to come in and destroy? We dont need anymore 3rd world peasants. Mexican president Fox needs to do something, becasue we just cant keep feeding and housing them. Its wrecking havoc on our society.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Pretty soon President Bush can call them, "Just good-hearted people doing the protests Americans should be doing."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What I don't get is where to they get off thinking they can march around in our streets, and demand this and that?! THEY ARE ILLEGAL, THEY SHOULD BE ARRESTED ON THE SPOT.

Next we'll have muslims, hindu, etc. demanding, demanding......till we will have no where to go.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I agree that they should be arrested on the spot and I find it very insulting that they aren't. I've started asking my representatives why they aren't when I write to them.

I read a headline this morning that Bush said something to the effect that the NEXT President can decide when our soldiers will leave Iraq. I wonder if he's waiting for the NEXT presidnet so figure out what to do about the borders, too. Perhaps we should start pressing our senators to help us get the NEXT President instated earlier than we originally planned. Who starts impeachment proceedings? The senate of the house? Who has the final say about removing him from office?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    It starts in the House, JJ.

And it needs to start NOW!

RIGHT NOW!

The radio says the goons have caused one of the highway exits, in Phoenix, to close, and tying up other traffic along 24th street.

To bad I'm not nearby, I've got a six-pack of eggs that have been in my warm kitchen cabinet since JULY.

I actually hope, they go nuts and burn Kyl's office to the ground, to force the governor's, or the sheriff's hand.

Place your bets, would the governor call in the National Guard, or sign a surrender document with La Raza?

-pa

-pa

Everytime they have one of their little rallies and fly their Mexican flags and call us gringos and racists, they just recruit more Americans to our side. Keep up the good work amigos. :P
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

phoenixashes
    Here's my bet, she'll sign a surrender document with La Raza.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast