Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another Reason For English - Part (we've lost count!!)

My apologies, but I just had to vent!!!!

During a recent outing this past Saturday morning, I quickly stopped in at a Burger King near my home, figuring I waould get in and out without problem. I always look to see who's working behind the counter (not a single Black or White face...hint, hint ) Anyway, after placing my order, it took 20 minutes to get a sausage, egg & cheese croissan'wich, has browns and orange juice! There were others who were waiting for their food as well, as three of them babbled back and forth in the kitchen in Spanish, one kept coming to the counter appearently asking questions, again in Spanish. After finally getting my order (so I thought...) I was in my car and opened the bag and suprise!!! My order was screwed up! Instead of what I ordered, I received a ham & egg biscut and french fries. At least they got the orange juice right. I called Burger King's corporate offices first thing Monday morning (they do not accept e-mail) to voice my feelings that if the workers had communicated in English to each other this would not have happened (and not the first time..). By the way, the person I spoke with (another heavy accent..not Spanish) said they would report the problem (to whom, I was never told), and they did not even apologize or offer anything for the inconvenience.
    Not that I'm expecting anything to change because of my call, but I just had to get that off my chest, and needless to say, Burger King has lost me as a customer.

In virgina we have the same problem, not hispanic but other countries. I have never received the correct order from a fast food place the first time.

What we can do about it.

I have had some similar experiences. I refuse to conduct business in a language that I don't speak. If there is nobody in a store that can speak basic english then I leave. Our money is one weapon that we still have in this fight.
    Lunarminer
    Thar's gold in that there moon!

Angrytx, Burger King's contest for musicians is coming soon to a city near you.

Tu Ciudad Tu Musica

http://burgerkingmusica.com/

McAllen, TX- 21 de abril
    Dallas, TX - 28 de abril
    Los Angeles, CA - 29 de abril
    Fresno, CA - 5 de mayo
    Phoenix, AZ - 5 de mayo
    Houston, TX - 20 mayo
    Nueva York, NY - 26 de mayo
    San Francisco, CA - 27 de mayo
    Chicago, IL - 16 de junio
    Miami, FL - 23 de junio

(And I speak Spanish!)

I quit eating fast food years ago because of this. Great results though. Cholestrol and trigs dropped significantly. I only eat fast food once in a while when I have my grandchildren, but worry everytime that I do. I'm not very comfortable with having people who hate us prepare my food. I eat out less and less with every year. It's only going to get worse.

I also don't trust food prepared by people who don't like me. Like NoMasIllegals- I very rarely eat at fast food joints but it is now so we can't eat at sit-down places either. I worry that I'm not just getting fries with my order.

AngryTx I had a similar experience with Burger King in a suburb of Illinois. I walked up to the counter and the girl just stood there blankly looking at me, never asked could she help me so I proceeded to order. She called the manager over (the only English speaker behind the counter) who translated my order and rang it up on the register and left and went back to what she was doing. My order came to $5.43. I gave the girl a $10 bill, she stuck it in the register and stood there staring blankly at me again. I tried to tell her I was waiting for my change. She called the manager back over again who had to explain to her I SHOULD GET CHANGE BACK, can you believe SHE ASKED WHY (in Spanish of course) and I had to stand there and listen to the manager actually explain to her why I should get change back?

I turned around to see if anyone else was witnessing this or if I was going nuts. Me and the guy behind me were exchanging looks of horror simultaneously, afterward we had this long discussion about what was happening to America. Needless to say I no longer do fast food either.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment