Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another Tuesday, Another Stupid Comment by Fox

May 31, 2005

Mexican President's Comments on Juarez Slayings Draw Criticism
    By Olga R. Rodriguez
    Associated Press Writer

MONTERREY, Mexico (AP) - President Vicente Fox said Tuesday a majority of 12 years of killings against women in the border city of Ciudad Juarez had been solved, angering activists and victims' family members still upset over his suggestion the deaths had been blown out of proportion.
    Referring to a report by the former prosecutor in charge of the cases in Juarez, Fox said 323 women had been killed in the city across from El Paso, Texas, since 1993, and added that 230 cases have been solved.

"This shows the work done so far, but we're aware there are still other cases that need to be solved." he said.

The report, released in January, has been widely criticized by human rights groups, who say the figures don't add up. Fox's comments enraged many in Juarez and beyond who say far more women were killed than the government is willing to acknowledge and many of those arrested for the crimes were tortured into confessing.

In similar comments Monday, Fox also said he believed the media had sensationalized the cases.

"It's really surprising that the media only pays attention to security problems but it doesn't pay attention when the criminals are detained," the president said Monday.

Evangelina Arce, whose daughter Silvia has been missing since 1998, traveled Tuesday from Juarez to Monterrey to protest the president's comments.

"We're here to ask for a meeting with the president to show him the proof he's asking for," said Arce, who held her daughter's photo and was accompanied by three other women waving banners as the presidential convoy rolled past.

Authorities in the state of Chihuahua, where Juarez is located, say about 340 women have been killed since 1993 in Juarez.

At least 100 fell victim to slayings that appear to fit a pattern where a young, slender woman was sexually assaulted, strangled, and dumped in the desert outside the city of 1.3 million.

Esther Chavez, a longtime activist and director of Casa Amiga, a nonprofit center that helps rape and abuse victims in Juarez, noted that a new federal special prosecutor and 30 more federal investigators have been called to help.

"If the cases have been solved, why does the federal government keep sending people to work on the investigations?" Chavez asked.

AP-ES-05-31-05 2158EDT

This story can be found at: http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGB313UWE9E.html
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

The report, released in January, has been widely criticized by human rights groups, who say the figures don't add up.
    If we arrested these killer vermin in the U.S. and sentenced them to death, guess who would be howling the loudest? All together now....
    When we gonna wake up?

Is Fox retarded? I mean seriously--is he? Those murders have NOT been solved. But you see this is exactly why he wants his people to remain illiterate and ignorant because that way they don't challenge idiotic statements like this.

I'm telling you, Vincente Fox is not right in the head. He isn't. Did you look into his eyes when he was talking to the Frozen Foods Council and made his "race" remark? The man is unstable, if not "defective".

He is also falling apart because the French killed his dream and he knows the Americans are ready to drop him like a hot potato; and his Buddy Mr. Buuuush turns out not to be a king, but just another World Traveler on a US Expense Account.

Our Presidents never had any power....they had certain authority to enforce law and command troops. When you get right down to it, that's all the power they've EVER had and now we know they can't even MANAGE THAT!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Fox's remarks on murders

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    Is Fox retarded? I mean seriously--is he? Those murders have NOT been solved. But you see this is exactly why he wants his people to remain illiterate and ignorant because that way they don't challenge idiotic statements like this.
    You know BobC, I was thinking the same thing. Anyone would have to be beyond stupid to say such things!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    I am serious about this one:
    He does exhibit some signs of anxiety and maybe depression. He is blocked by term limits from running again and Bush can't deliver on his promises, whatever they might have been. Expect more irrational statements from this man as his mental state goes south.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Vicente Fox is nothing more than an arrogant, stupid, lazy politican. It amazes me that our politicos even take this clown remotely seriously when he has shown that he can't even handle his own business in Mexico.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DMAN
    I don't think they take "him" seriously.......they take Mexico's OIL seriously as it relates to CAFTA/FTAA! There in lies the clincher!

SIXX wrote
    I am serious about this one:
    He does exhibit some signs of anxiety and maybe depression. He is blocked by term limits from running again and Bush can't deliver on his promises, whatever they might have been. Expect more irrational statements from this man as his mental state goes south.
    Sixx, I think we're seeing the "deer in the headlight" syndrome. The bum's backed against the wall and he's blubbering one mistake after the other out of frustration and - YES - DEFECTIVENESS as in MENTAL DISEASE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)