Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Arizona: 300 rally to protest prosecution of immigrants

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 14-ON.html

300 rally to protest prosecution of immigrants

Mel Melendez
    The Arizona Republic
    Jul. 14, 2006 10:20 AM

About 300 men, women and children rallied for about two hours in downtown Phoenix Friday to draw attention to the recent arrests and prosecution of undocumented immigrants by county authorities.

The crowd marched from Patriots Park about a block to the office of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, where Arpaio defended his decisions to arrest undocumented immigrants.

"I have compassion for these people, but they're violating the law," Arpaio told the crowd. "If you don't like the smuggliing law, then change the law.

"I am not locking the undocumented immigrants (who are) out on the street. I'm arresting those smuggling in, who are violating the law."

Afterwards, the protesters walked a few blocks over to the office of County Attorney Andrew Thomas, who has recently prosecuted undocumented immigrants on felony smuggling charges. The participants chanted "Sí, se puede" (yes, it can be done) and sang We Shall Overcome.

"This is an injustice. We're not criminals, so we're here to show them that we have courage and that we're worthy of respect," said Nadia Meza, 30, of Phoenix, a member of the group Immigrants Without Border, which organized the rally.

Some of the participants covered their mouths in blue duct tape to symbolize their voices being silenced by what they viewed as a mean-spirited immigration policy. Several children wore faux black-and-white prison garb to illustrate being considered criminals by the county's interpretation of Arizona's anti-smuggling law
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"This is an injustice. We're not criminals, so we're here to show them that we have courage and that we're worthy of respect," said Nadia Meza, 30, of Phoenix, a member of the group Immigrants Without Border, which organized the rally.
    Guess what Nadia, if you came here illegaly, YOU BROKE THE LAW.
    Is the word illegal not even in the spanish language?
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Phoenix, AZ, and all they could come up with was 300 marchers?? Hmmmm.....

Phoenix, AZ, and all they could come up with was 300 marchers?? Hmmmm.....
    John,
    I think the rest are scared rotten. The 300 must have really been either the really brave ones, or the really stupid ones.
    Judging from the statement made by Nadia, I'd say its the latter of the two.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=5151854&nav=HMO6HMaY

Hispanic activists ask sheriff to stop arresting illegal immigrants

July 14, 2006, 12:42 PM

Hundreds of illegal-immigrant-rights activists sparred with the infamous sheriff of Arizona's most populous county Friday, calling him heartless for arresting illegal immigrants under a state smuggling law.

More than 200 protesters marched through a small area of downtown Phoenix and stopped in front of the office of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Arpaio was waiting for them.

"Sheriff, we are here to get on our knees and implore you to stop the hostility against the Hispanic community," said Elias Bermudez, president of activist group Inmigrantes Sin Fronteras, or Immigrants Without Borders.

Bermudez kneeled in front of the sheriff as he spoke, saying, "We believe that your enforcement of the law is an affront to the poor victims, the people who are coming here to work and serve this country."

Arpaio refused to stop arresting illegal immigrants under the smuggling law, whose authors say the intent of the law is to crack down on violent immigrant smugglers.

"I am going to enforce the law," Arpaio said. "You cannot change my mind."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just saw the Sheriff do a live interview on Cavuto, and he makes no apologies for enforcing the laws.

Too bad there are not more out there like him!

MW
    Sound like the pro-illegal immigrant advocates are jumping down his knickers argain, guess it's time for me to send another email of support!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here is what I don't get.

All this pro-illegal immigration rally's that pop up...why doesn't the INS, local Police/Sheriff, whomever, just setup a mobile HQ and start locking these people up. I'm sure, over 90% are illegals.

We need more Sheriffs and Police who are like Arpaio; guy has a huge set of brass balls.

All this pro-illegal immigration rally's that pop up...why doesn't the INS, local Police/Sheriff, whomever, just setup a mobile HQ and start locking these people up. I'm sure, over 90% are illegals.
    Patriot,
    Did you hear on the day without an immigrant, not one illegal immigrant was detained?

With the numbers of protestors involved, we could have rid our country of up to half the illegal immigrants that day!

They do not care about arresting illegal aliens that is why they do nothing.

Good for the Sheriff for staying resolute and enforcing the law
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast