Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    This family wants justice. They're asking that violence stop and that Gov. Brewer and other elected officials take responsibility for this hostile atmosphere they have created" by the immigration law and other legislation, Galindo said.
    The bill didn't creat a "hotstile atmoshere"! It's been around for years now. The man was probably sick of the noise, trash, riff-raff and other BS that IA's bring with them when they settle here and dont assimilate. I'm sure he asked for cooperation and got little to none until he finally lost it.

This bill has nothing to do with it and they are grasping at straws on this one. A sure sign of desperation.
    You hit the nail on the head. The law is about illegals. Illegal entry is illegal. They dont have a leg to stand on legally or morally. Nothing. The whole "smoke and mirrors" game is to detract the debate away from the FACT that they are illegal. Really, how else can you get around it? If you dont have legal status, you dont....period. There is nothing to debate. Everytime I get into a debate with a pro-illegal, they always detract from the FACT that illegals have no business being here by turning the debate to history or human rights. And that is what they are doing RIGHT NOW. They are detracting from the true debate about whether it is ok to enforce the law by trying to turn attention to this guy who got killed by his neighbor. This incident has nothing to do with enforcing the laws....or any new laws. But here they are...debating the incident and trying to CREATE some connection to the new law.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

1070 is also Responsible

1070 is also Responsible for my Goldfish dying. And, its Responsible for the milk going sour last week. Not to mention its Responsible for my car being dirty....Yeah

/Sarcasm off

What an incredibly pitiful attempt at blaming the new legislation. Go back and retake your "Propaganda 101" class again please. This kind of writing isnt even good for a chuckle. yeeesh

Tension surrounding the passage of Arizona's tough new law cracking down on illegal immigration contributed to the slaying of an Hispanic man, allegedly shot by a white neighbor, a representative of the dead man's family said Friday.

You know...I went back and read this so called story again, and I'm really quite shocked at what I’m reading. The opening statement by Paul Davenport is not supported by fact or iota of evidence.

No where in this story do the facts suggest the passage of 1070 contributed to the death of this guy. In reality, the facts seem to suggest the exact opposite!

Essentially, this statement made by Paul Davenport is nothing more than his personal opinion (I guess that's what it is, or a reckless disregard for the truth), woven into a story that makes it easier to pass off this deception upon the masses, because of the vocal belligerence of a small minority who oppose 1070.

Paul Davenport has taken this story and laced it with propaganda, with the intent to promote a belief that 1070 is racist, discriminatory and is leading to the deaths of hispanics.

Where did this guy go to school....the hugo chavez institute of journalism.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Who WILL take the AP to court for biased reporting and adding fuel to the fire?

The need to attract readership has made our media desperate and their response has been to create problems or make existing problems worse. I am all for free speech but in recent years my mind is changing yet I have not been able to visualize an acceptable solution. I do not know of ONE, not ONE, media source that I believe I can turn to for non-biased news.

I am not familiar with the particular neighborhood the Kelly and Varela men lived in. I do know that block by block there is a warzone going on in our neighborhoods here in the Phoenix area. It is not relegated merely to the border. As a matter of fact much of Phoenix proper is no longer safe for citizens to live in.

A few years ago our son really wanted to move back to the neighborhood he started school in. We could not. Surrounded by OK neighborhoods, that particular block (approximately 1 mile square) has turned into the illegal war zone. One house that we looked at had an obvious illegal drop house across the street complete with threatening guards outside. A driveway had been paved all around the house through the backyard and out the front again. While we were there we saw a van with tinted windows. These windows were excessively tinted also in violation of AZ law. One could see nothing through those windows. The van speedily pulled up, the guard opened the gate, the van pulled into the backyard for a few minutes and then out around the other side onto the street again and left. There is a new law forcing realtors to report suspected drop houses and I did confront the realtor with her obligation under law. Interestingly the whole transaction between us had occurred by phone so she was able to claim total ignorance so no liability.

This Kelly man may be totally deserving of support but the way the story has been portrayed will most likely prevent him from getting that support. Some of these people even cheer their kids on to antagonize citizens. I have seen it too many times. We have it in my neighborhood as well.

At this point in time I am extremely skeptical about anything in the media. Every time I see somebody accused of child abuse I figure - Oh, there goes another whistle blower - totally discredited before even getting a chance.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Tension surrounding the passage of Arizona's tough new law cracking down on illegal immigration contributed to the slaying of an Hispanic man, allegedly shot by a white neighbor, a representative of the dead man's family said Friday.

You know...I went back and read this so called story again, and I'm really quite shocked at what I’m reading. The opening statement by Paul Davenport is not supported by fact or iota of evidence.

No where in this story do the facts suggest the passage of 1070 contributed to the death of this guy. In reality, the facts seem to suggest the exact opposite!

Essentially, this statement made by Paul Davenport is nothing more than his personal opinion (I guess that's what it is, or a reckless disregard for the truth), woven into a story that makes it easier to pass off this deception upon the masses, because of the vocal belligerence of a small minority who oppose 1070.

Paul Davenport has taken this story and laced it with propaganda, with the intent to promote a belief that 1070 is racist, discriminatory and is leading to the deaths of hispanics.

Where did this guy go to school....the hugo chavez institute of journalism.
    Great point...send AP a letter: info@ap.org

Quote:
    Police and the family said the arrested man, 50-year-old Gary Thomas Kelley, allegedly directed racial slurs at 44-year-old Juan Daniel Varela before the May 6 shooting near their homes.

Who exactly is making these allegations? How many witnesses are there and do they have a dog in the fight? Just asking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12