Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arizona Lawmaker receives threatening emails from Minutemen

http://link.toolbot.com/azfamily.com/56716

24 Jan 2007 00:33:5

Local lawmaker receives threatening emails from Minutemen

05:18 PM Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday, January 23, 2007

By Claudia Rivero / 3TV reporter

She spoke out against the controversial Minutemen. But now, one Arizona lawmaker may be paying a price.

It started when Arizona state representative Kyrsten Sinema introduced HOUSE BILL. No. 2286, a piece of legislation that would ban groups, like the Minutemen, from operating along the border.

Ever since information about the bill became known, Sinema has been bombarded with emails from people who are angry and some who have even threatened her life.

Sinema has received hundreds of emails in just the last 48 hours.

"One person in Arizona threatened to kick me in the uterus so that I would no longer have the ability to bare children," Sinema said.

The rash of angry emails came after Sinema introduced the bill that would make armed civil patrols an act of domestic terrorism.

"It would prohibit individuals like the Minutemen organization from doing the work they do which is to gather together in the border regions and hunt for undocumented persons," Sinema said.

Many of the emails are signed by people who claim to be members of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps. But the president of the group says they do not tolerate such behavior.

"If Miss Sinema wants to give me the email addresses, I'll check them and I would immediately terminate them," said Chris Simcox of the Minuteman.

Simcox says Sinema shouldn't be surprised by the response to HB 2286.

"She stepped into this," Simcox said. "She asked for it by proposing a certain group of people."

But Sinema says threatening violence is not the way to deal with the situation.

She has forwarded some of the more threatening emails to the FBI and the Department of Public Safety.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I see this is an attempt by her and her camp to discredit the minutemen. Any TRUE minuteman would not act in such a manner and we all know it. True minutemen are not that stupid. As I see it, it is the open borders crowd saying they are minutemen to give her ammunition. What a totally transparent ploy. Does she really think we are that ignorant and uninformed?

People like Kyrsten Sinema STILL do not realize that the people are awake now. Granted, there are a lot still to be woken up, however, the box is open and it cannot be shut.

I am sick to death of politicians putting THEIR agenda ahead of the American people and this Country! The woman needs to get a life!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

How would one kick someone in the uterus?
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

She's the Representative that CRYED WOLF! This woman is making herself out to be a VICTIM, but I have no doubt she is behind what she claims is happening to her. I've seen cases where an Arab student said they were the victim of a hate crime and they actually did it themselves for the publicity.

SHE'S AN AVTIVIST!

Published: 01.24.2007

State House evacuated because of suspicious packages
    By Howard Fischer
    CAPITOL MEDIA SERVICES
    The state House of Representatives was evacuated for nearly an hour Wednesday after packages were delivered to the offices of two Phoenix Democratic lawmakers.

The decision was made to clear the building because the packages, while sent through U.S. mail and registered, were not expected.

One went to Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, who has been receiving threats since introducing legislation to make it illegal for armed individuals to patrol looking for criminals -- a measure she admitted was aimed at the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps.
    The packages ended up simply containing various papers about individual rights.
    http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/printDS/166058

'Suspicious package' at Capitol just contained court documents

Jessica Coomes and Amanda J. Crawford
    Jan. 24, 2007 04:15 PM

The Arizona House of Representatives was evacuated for about 45 minutes Wednesday afternoon as the bomb squad investigated a suspicious package received by state Rep. Kyrsten Sinema.

Sinema, who said she has been receiving threats this week after introducing a bill that would criminalize civilian armed militia groups like the Minuteman, said she received a large and bulky package

She had her assistant ask security to open it because it came from a rural area of the state where many of the threats had originated.

House Speaker Jim Weiers said it "was better to be safe than sorry." The Arizona Department of Public Safety's Special Operation Explosives Unit was called to the Capitol.

Sinema said she has received threats of sexual assault, such as about rape and kidnapping. She said one e-mail suggested she should be sent into forced prostitution in Mexico and another said she should be kicked in the uterus so she couldn't bear children.

The evacuation disrupted a press conference on the House lawn about end of life choices and other meetings at the Capitol. Lawmakers, staff and visitors were allowed to return to the House just after 1 p.m. Barrett Marson, a spokesman for Weiers, said a bomb-sniffing dog cleared the package, which contained court documents. The package was similar to several that had been received by members of the House Judiciary committee, he said.

http://link.toolbot.com/azcentral.com/56715

from a sender she did not recognize For crying out loud, she's a legislator and she's going to be sent things by anybody and every body!
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    I see this is an attempt by her and her camp to discredit the minutemen. Any TRUE minuteman would not act in such a manner and we all know it. True minutemen are not that stupid. As I see it, it is the open borders crowd saying they are minutemen to give her ammunition. What a totally transparent ploy. Does she really think we are that ignorant and uninformed?

People like Kyrsten Sinema STILL do not realize that the people are awake now. Granted, there are a lot still to be woken up, however, the box is open and it cannot be shut.

I am sick to death of politicians putting THEIR agenda ahead of the American people and this Country! The woman needs to get a life!
    There are two sides to this sword.

The Open Borders people constantly make use of supposed threatening e-mails all the time.

On one hand, you have illegal alien supporter writing emails like this to try and use reverse psychology.

On the other hand, there are people in America that are upset about illegal immigration and many of them are dumb enough to help the illegals by doing something like sending threatening e-mails.

We have had to ban many people from this website that could not control their anger and did and said things that harm our cause.

They are out there and they are an illegal alien's best friends.

Those on our side that sent e-mails that are overly hostile are helping those that support illegal aliens.

It is about like handing someone a weapon and saying "Here, use this against me and my cause."

Sad.

We try to teach people better ways by example.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This does not sound like Minuteman behavior.

Banned
    As I see it, it is the open borders crowd saying they are minutemen to give her ammunition. What a totally transparent ploy.
    If she still has the e-mails, can't the FBI track them to a source? If so, it will be very interesting to see who they are. I agree that OBLs are trying to discredit the Minutemen but may get caught themselves. The question is, will we ever hear who the senders were?

Ok, this woman is crazy. Having the bldg evacuated because two packages arrive. Give me a break. State legislative offices receive packages all the time and you don't flip out and call for evacuation just because an unexpected package arrives.

This woman is doing everything she can think of to make the MCDC look threatening.

W

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    As I see it, it is the open borders crowd saying they are minutemen to give her ammunition. What a totally transparent ploy.
    If she still has the e-mails, can't the FBI track them to a source? If so, it will be very interesting to see who they are. I agree that OBLs are trying to discredit the Minutemen but may get caught themselves. The question is, will we ever hear who the senders were?
    Looks like she was more interested in talking to the press than the FBI about her "threats"

W

I bet that the Spanish media is going to go ape with this story and increase the danger level of violence by illegal aliens against all Americans!

Tensions are about to rise.

W

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast