Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arizona Senator Ron Gould Receives Death Threat

Arizona Senator Receives Death Threat

Letter makes apparent reference to Jared Loughner

Updated: Wednesday, 13 Apr 2011, 6:21 PM MDT
    Published : Wednesday, 13 Apr 2011, 6:20 PM MDT

PHOENIX - A death threat made against an Arizona senator is being investigated by the Department of Public Safety.

Senator Ron Gould received the letter and he's concerned. But he's also prepared.

The senator says after the Gabrielle Giffords' shooting, he carries a concealed weapon all the time -- and the letter he just received is another reason why.

The shocking letter reads: "You and Jared have your Glock nine. I have Rem 270. Be very ready."

The senator's picture is printed on the side.

The letter originated from Flagstaff, Arizona. But it doesn't have a return name or a return address. Senator Gould says he's concerned for his family's safety.

"It just kind of brings to mind the fact that there are psychotics and evildoers in society and that we need to be concerned about that and concerned for our safety," says Sen. Ron Gould.

Gould believes the letter is referring to Jared Loughner, the man charged in the Gabrielle Giffords shooting. The letter didn't say why Gould is being targeted, but he has a few ideas.

"I've got illegal immigration bills, I have gun bills, I'm a fiscal conservative and I always supported reducing the budget, so you know, who knows what. I held a bill that would have prohibited the sale of animals on public property, so you know it could be coming from anybody."

Gould says this is the just latest example of what he calls an increased lack of civility.

"It seems like we get more and more divided, and people are willing to stand out front with a bullhorn and call me a racist every time I walk outside the building."

DPS is investigating this death threat. They say they tell lawmakers to keep a log of all threatening letters or calls, and if they notice a pattern of letters from the same person, they should contact law enforcement.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/cr ... -4-13-2011
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I really think the people that support undocumented aliens will create many dangerous problems in this Country. There are people out there in society are very stressed, they cannot locate employment, cannot care for families or pay bills, and when they are exposed to news, such as millions of illegal aliens have stolen citizens jobs and tax payers money are used to support undocumented aliens, those people lose control and may perform any type of unlawful actions.

Denying Arizona legal rights to enforce laws against illegal immigrants have also caused many people to be upset and they are showing emotions all across the U.S., I saw that last night on Facebook. I fear someday crimes will increase because of the illegal immigration issue, which is currently a very heated problem.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Banned
    Ron Gould is very outspoken about issues here in Mohave County. Not every issue is illegal immigration. This article appeared in Today's News-Herald HavesuNews.com ( http://www.havasunews.com/ )

[quote]Death threat?
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:06 AM MST

He’s not considering it a death threat, but Sen. Ron Gould, R-Lake Havasu City, said he’s taking a threatening letter he received in the mail Tuesday “real seriously.â€

Ron Gould is very outspoken about issues here in Mohave County. Not every issue is illegal immigration. This article appeared in Today's News-Herald HavesuNews.com
    I agree there are many issues to be concerned about; however, we must admit immigration seems to be at the top of the list of current problems affecting America the most, because the problem is tied in with so many other issues, such as jobs, welfare, issuing of driver licences, ID cards, creating guest workers programs, and higher education and the list goes on.

I am not relating illegal immigration to Rep. Gould, I was trying to express why someone would write that type of letter. Overall, person who written or typed the letter could have a grudge against persons enacting immigration laws, it could be a problem of any other issues.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself: