Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

W,

I tend to agree with you but we worry all the time about terrorists and sleeper cells. Yet America has let these illegal immigrants go all around the country unchecked. The "insurgents" in Iraq have sliped through holes in Iraq's border. Sounds kind of familiar. A lot of the illegals are young men of military duty age and they are, again, all over the US. Now Mexican troops are here with at least a couple more convoys to follow. Why send military troops? They went to the old Kelly AFB which is pretty much walking distance to Lackland AFB where the USAF conducts all of their basic training and security forces training. If one were to disrupt or briefly stop the AF basic training and security forces training, that would cause quite a problem for the US military. Also, Kelly has quite a large airfield that could be easily secured with the 200 or so troops that are already there. We have thousands of troops that are tied up in Iraq and Afghanastan that are not immediately available if something should happen here. Not to mention all the troop now involved with the Katrina recovery efforts.

That is my worst case scenario but it still bothers me.

Kind of makes you think something is up.

What is up is the Mexican govt has sent the military to help the American govt handle Americans during a crisis. This will be used as a sign of positive relationships that are needed in the North American Community.

Several pundits have said this is ILLEGAL. Anyone have the background info on the legalit of foreign troops on US Soil?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They are at Ft. Bragg all the time for training (from all over the world). But for humanitarian purposes the argument that "look at us our military goes every where to help out" can be used. I would think the same would apply to the military of any other nation. As long as it is for humanitarian purposes and not a show of aggression. I expect there is a NATO agreement of some type.

We may not like it, it will probable lead to more "invasion" but I think we a screwed on it.(for now)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

William I agree with you--the second I saw this report, especially the part that ponted out that this is the first time in 150 years that the Mexican Military has been on our soil, I thought that this is yet another step in erasing our borders with Mexico.

So now I'm going to play Devil's Advocate:

Is it okay for US "Peace-keeping forces" to be on the border of N Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, ect but it's not okay for two or three trucks filled with unarmed Mexican Military to go to NO to help in the search and rescue mission? If it's not okay, why not?

Nobody wants to discuss this?

Bob, I think they are two different issues. Overseas, it is supposed to be "peacekeeping", here it is supposed to be "humanitarian", either way, we don’t need a foreign military to give us a hand. Let them send gas and supplies if they desire, even though we don’t need that whether and just leave it at that. I don’t like the political hidden agenda behind this "humanitarian help" whatever it may be.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Well I will say I am suspicious as well. It seems like the powers that be are slowly trying to meld Mexico into America.

No doubt, all I can say is (FCC Sensor)
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

The US Air Force also trains a lot of foreign military troops. There are lots of foreign military here in training and laison modes. I just find it really odd that we are allowing Mexican toops here when there are more than enough US toops that could handle the same tasks. For our politicans to not know about their deployement is really bothersom. Did someone ask for these troops? They could have diverted USAF basic training troops to handle the tasks at Kelly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123