Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Army wants Illegals

Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:21 p.m. EDT
    Army Wants to Enlist Illegals

Bill Carr, acting deputy undersecretary of defense for military personnel policy, expressed hope today during a telephone conference with veterans’ group representatives that a provision in the stalled immigration bill that would have allowed some undocumented aliens to join the military won’t stall as well.

The Army recruited 5,101 active-duty soldiers in May, 399 short of its 5,500-soldier goal, the Defense Department recently announced.

The Navy and Air Force, however, both met their May goals, with 2,709 and 2,451 recruits, respectively. The Marine Corps exceeded its May goal by 34 percent, signing on 2,225 new Marines.

The provision at stake is the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors, or DREAM that offered illegal residents a way to join the military and, ultimately, become citizens, Carr explained.

[b] "In other words, if you had come across (the border) with your parents, yet you were a minor child and have been in the U.S. school system for a number of years, then you could be eligible to enlist,â€
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

The bad thing, or worst thing, about this is that in order for us (the military) to get the so-called "cream of the crop" the Bush compadres are forcing us to take and pay a most exorbitant price for the whole damn crop including the rotten and dangerous stuff hidden at the bottom of the barrel. They are trying to give what probably does amount to a little bit of cream to specific groups in order to make the rest of us swallow a whole lot of sour milk.

At least for me, I would be very hesitant now to voluntarily join the military of a country that is hardly a country anymore because it hardly has any borders. I would think that I was fighting more for businesses to grow their profits than for the country, freedom, the land, or things of real value. Free enterprise is part of what we are, but if that is all we are then we aren't much and won't last long.