Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

Arrests of foreigners concern anti-illegal immigrants

Arrests of foreigners sparks concerns of anti-illegal immigration groups

Aug 21, 2007 6:58 PM (38 mins ago)
    by Kathleen Miller, The Examiner

WASHINGTON (Map, News) - High-profile arrests of people from other countries, some of unclear immigration status, are fueling anti-illegal immigration group concerns that the Washington region is a haven for illegal immigrants. Pro-immigrant activists, meanwhile, say the claims are transparent attempts to link immigrants to crime.

Last week, Manuel De Jesus Gonzalez-Geronimo, a 31-year-old Guatemalan who said he was residing in Hyattsville without papers turned himself in for a hit-and-run crash on Route 29 in Burtonsville that killed two construction workers and injured three others.

Last Saturday, two Hispanic suspects in the grisly New Jersey schoolyard murders of three people and wounding of a fourth were arrested in the Washington area.

On Tuesday, federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Mike Gilhooly said he could not confirm the immigration status of one of them, a 16-year-old arrested in Woodbridge, but that ICE is working with local authorities on it.

“My comment is that Maryland in particular is becoming a sanctuary,â€

"transparent attempts to link immigrants to crime. "

Thousands of dead Americans at the hands of illegals is not exactly transparent!!!!

My email to kmiller:

[i]"Omar Lemos, 27, a Silver Spring resident from El Salvador, said he is upset whenever he hears about an undocumented immigrant committing a crime."

“It's ugly, because people don't realize the action of one person hurts the image of so many people,â€

[quote]“Regarding the comments, I do believe its people who have an outside agenda and who want to link the immigrant community with crime,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote][b]"My comment is that Maryland in particular is becoming a sanctuary,â€