Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

article about Georgia Rally

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared ... flood.html

Hispanics flood Capitol to protest immigration bill

By Carlos Campos

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/08/06 02:02 PM

Dozens of Hispanic immigrants flooded the halls of the state Capitol today to voice their concerns over a bill under debate in the Senate that seeks to crack down on undocumented workers in Georgia.

Organizers of a morning rally on the Capitol steps urged the crowd of about 100 – mostly Hispanic men – to go inside to urge legislators to vote against Senate Bill 529, known as the “Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act.”

About half of the crowd lingered outside, in part because a photo identification is required to enter the Capitol building.

Inside, many of the immigrants – some of them whom acknowledged they are undocumented – crowded hallways outside of the Senate chamber. Many of them wore blue jeans, t-shirts, stained painter’s pants, cowboy hats and ball caps, standing out from the suit-and-tie Capitol crowd that usually gathers in the halls.

Jerry Gonzalez of the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials guided several men through a legislative phone-and-photo directory, helping them pick out certain legislators with whom to speak. Many busily filled out message forms for legislators in hopes of getting them to come out of the Senate to hear them out.

Gonzalez said some of the men in the crowd who speak English were helping the Spanish-speakers to communicate with legislators.

“We want to put a face with immigrants,” Gonzalez said. “Many of these immigrants live in their districts. Legislators should consider them their constituents.”

About 1 p.m., when debate over Sen. Chip Rogers’ (R-Woodstock) bill began, the majority of the immigrants moved up to the public gallery overlooking the floor of the Senate to watch the debate. Pablo Lopez, 28, of Gwinnett County, took a day off from his landscaping job to watch the debate in person.

Lopez, who acknowledged that he is an undocumented worker from Mexico, said he thought it was important to let legislators know immigrants are disturbed by the bill. Lopez noted that federal and state taxes are taken out of his paycheck every week. He wants to start his own landscaping business, but cannot do so because of his lack of legal status in the country.

“We work hard and I think it’s time they recognize the work we do,” Lopez said.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

And where was ICE? Oh yeah, they probably were too busy picking up glittery nail polish for the ICE Princess, Julie Myers. What a frigging joke. I wonder if a group of drug dealers were protesting in the streets about how they are being harrassed by the DEA, the authorities would just ignore them too.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Wow, a whole hundred.

If they're illegal, why aren't they being deported? And why should the state senators care since they can't vote?

More and more, I love this state. We're no-doubt above North Carolina's illegal butt-kissing ways.

Yeah

Pretty amazing they would get right in the capital building and admit they are illegals and nobody does a damn thing. Well when a terrorist waltzes in like that, bye bye legislators. Talk about lack of security!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pretty amazing they would get right in the capital building and admit they are illegals and nobody does a damn thing.
    Now THAT has got to STOP. NON-AMERICANS HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE INSIDE OUR GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS PROTESTING, LET ALONE OUTSIDE THEM !!

Seriously, Ameircans, our Founding Fathers would roll over in their graves.

Wow, Jorge, what kind of a country do you think your running ?

NO WAY, JORGE ! Now you've REALLY gone too far.
    What is wrong with your MIND ?

This is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG !!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

YOU'RE FIRED !

I would like to encourage all of you to call ICE and discuss your concerns. They may not be ready to get out there yet, but we can keep pressuring them everytime we have to put up with these outrages.

Field Office Director, Atlanta
    77 Forsyth St., SW, Suite 117
    Atlanta, GA 30303
    Phone: 404-331-2765
    Area of Responsibility: Georgia, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, U.S. Virgin Island
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

i am SICK of our managment system!

i am in the u.s. military, i would be HAPPY to be stationed on the border keeping these people out!....my mother told me<who lives in asheville, n.c.> that she was rear ended by a car of them while sitting at a REDLIGHT....little did they know her pastor who speaks fluent spanish was in the car!...he overheard them say "tell the cops she backed up into us"...the pastor played it off and waited for the cops....then he told them what he overheard....there were 5 in the car.....the driver was taken away for dwi,one was taken for cocaine in the trunk and all of them taken to jail for illegally being here.....we NEED to have these people deported!...our sad thing that happened was "you know who" was voted into office as president...hopefully the next one will straighten all of this up!...here in tennessee these people are ALL OVER THE PLACE....and i agree with the other statements here....what the CRAP are these illegal [i]parasites doing in our capital building?????????

I can't believe they are allowed in the capital!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there anyone out there that believes we are losing our country??? Colorado is being overrun by illegals and the ones in power will do nothing if it's not polictically correct. WHAT DO WE DO???????????????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast