Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Article appearing in the Idaho Statesman

While on a vacation tour of Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, Alberta, Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho I picked up newspapers from each city. An article in The Idaho Statesman described the plight of an Arizona border rancher whose farm was given to immigrants after he was accused of assaulting immigrants who trespassed on his property. He had to hand over his ranch to satisfy the settlement against him. I couldn't find a way to attach the article I scanned. If anyone knows how to do that in this discussion group, please let me know and I'd be happy to post it.

I'm an adult educator, teaching English as a second language to immigrants, many of them illegal in my evening class. I've always been a liberal person, but articles like this and comments made by some of my young male students have made me increasingly angry about the disrespectful attitude of some immigrants toward their hosts, i.e. us, the taxpayers. I like my students, but can no longer tolerate the seige mentality. I've witnessed the takeover in both the elementary school I worked in for several years as well as in my current assignment. I've had students actually admit that they'd never become U.S. citizens because they love Mexico, although they intend to remain here. Their wives continue to have babies at county expense (some of my students have had 2 or 3 kids in the 3 yrs. I've been at the school). I've heard Latina students give advice to Chinese students about how to get free medical care at the L.A. County Health Clinic next door, despite diamonds on their fingers and the Mercedes they arrive at school in. It's downright disgusting.

Please let me know how to post an attachment and I'll be happy to. By the way, the Canadian immigration agents we spoke to when entering Canada commnented that Spanish is the second language of the U.S. My friend replied that some people think it should be, but that it isn't. Can you believe that? What about all the other large ethnic groups such as the Chinese? Latin America is doing a great P.R. job to make others think as much.

Sincerely,
    Meredith

A Republican is a Democrat that got robbed last night. Welcome to the Republican Party. And Bush isn't one of us, despite what he says.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Hey Meredith,

If you can forward me the article by email I can see what I can do about posting it for you here. I checked out the Idaho Statesman web site but couldn't find the article you mentioned. However, they appear to archive their articles after 7 days, and require you pay for access to read archived material.

Also we did have an article about the ranch seizure posted on Alipac but it is nice to have information from different sources. So if you can email the article let me know. I can send you my email address through a private message on this web site. Here is the link to the article I mentioned if you want to read it.

https://www.alipac.us/ftopict-8470-ranch.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Brian,

Please help me find the best article we have on that incident. We should put it on the hompepage.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Take your pick William. I found a couple that I don't think were posted on Alipac. However, I think the first one from the NY Times seems to be the one most referenced to whenever I heard someone commenting about the story.

seattletimes.nwsource.com

Ruling gives ranch to 2 border crossers

By BETH DeFALCO
    The Associated Press

PHOENIX â€â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune ... 67920.html

Illegals hit the pinata
    By Dimitri Vassilaros
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Monday, August 29, 2005

Why should anyone be surprised that two illegal aliens who sued the American citizens who captured them were handed the 70-acre ranch that had belonged to one of their captors?

Since most illegal aliens who sneaked into this republic are rewarded for breaking the immigration law -- by being allowed to enjoy America's bounty -- no one should be surprised about the verdict.

It is just another topsy-turvy thing that happens from time to time along the Mexican border. Blame it on the Bush administration's continual refusal to protect American sovereignty, which some might think borders on treason.

The two were caught on a Texas ranch in 2003 by Casey Nethercott and other members of Ranch Rescue. The New York Times labels it a paramilitary group that vowed to use force to prevent illegal immigration.

The illegals claimed Mr. Nethercott threatened them and hit one of them with a pistol. However, they also admitted the group gave them cookies, water and a blanket -- and let them go after an hour. Texas prosecutors filed charges -- but not against the illegals.

The jury deadlocked on the pistol-whipping charge.

Nethercott served time in California for assault. And since ex-cons are not allowed to have guns, Nethercott was convicted of gun possession and sentenced to five years in prison in Texas.

The Salvadorans were just getting started. They filed a lawsuit against Nethercott and others involved in their capture that the illegals claim caused them -- are you sitting down? have you been taking your blood-pressure medication? -- post-traumatic stress.

Yes, you read that right.

The judge ruled in favor of the plaintiffs. They essentially hit the pinata, which showered them with the deed to Nethercott's ranch in Arizona.

It gets worse.

One Salvadoran lives in Los Angeles, the other, Dallas. They have applied for visas that illegals can get if they are victims of certain crimes. They can stay and work in America until a decision about their applications is made.

Oops, almost forgot, one of the defendants settled with them for $100,000. America -- what a country.

When the government refuses to enforce immigration law and, worse yet, when it almost welcomes its violation, it is understandable why citizens could want to take the law into their own hands simply to enforce it.

Americans should not, must not -- and legally cannot -- use violence to stop illegals from trespassing as they flood in from Mexico.

Frankly, it's a wonder that so few people have threatened to use violence to repel the illegal invasion. Thank goodness for that at least.

Jim Gilchrist, co-founder of the nonviolent Minuteman Project, which uses volunteers to be extra sets of eyes and ears for the border patrol, just announced he is running to fill the seat of former U.S. Rep. Chris Cox, R-Calif., who now is at the Securities and Exchange Commission.

There are right ways and wrong ways to take the law into your own hands. Nethercott could not have been any more wrong. Double dittos for everyone else connected with the ugly incident.

Nothing can justify even an attempt to terrorize another human, no matter the level of frustration with American immigration policy. The Bush administration's indifference or inability to protect the border is forcing more and more Americans to make choices. Some good, some bad

http://news.baou.com/main.php?action=recent&rid=20450

Poetic Injustice

Opinion/Op-Ed

by Jon E. Dougherty

JEFFERSON CITY, MO -- (Voicesmag.com and OfficialWire) -- 08/24/05 -- Once you hear about this illegal immigration story, I think you'll agree with me the inmates are definitely running the asylum.

This unbelievable tale begins March 20, 2003, when members of a group called Ranch Rescue were invited to set up a base camp on a ranch near Hebbronville, Texas, with the intent of helping the landowner, Joe Sutton, keep illegal aliens off his property. Thousands of illegals had been overrunning his land for years – destroying fences, endangering his livestock, and tearing up property. Getting little help from the Border Patrol and local law enforcement authorities, Sutton decided to take action on his own – something he had every right to do.

At the time I was researching my book, "Illegals: The Imminent Threat Posed by Our Unsecured U.S.-Mexico Border," and the national spokesman for Ranch Rescue, Jack Foote, invited me down to view the operation.

The day I arrived, Foote and Sutton informed me that group members Casey Nethercott and Hank Connor had been arrested by local and state authorities for allegedly pistol-whipping a pair of illegal aliens from Ecuador they had encountered the night before while patrolling the property.

Always a newsman first and working for WorldNetDaily at the time, I went to where the men were being held, the Jim Hogg County jail, to get the details so I could file a story. Joining me was Eric Boye (boy-yay), a French photojournalist who had been covering the operation and was an eyewitness to the capture of the Salvadorans. On our way down he had told me the Ranch Rescue volunteers never laid a hand on the Salvadorans and, in fact, treated them "with humanity." He said four Mexican nationals captured with the Salvadorans were also treated with respect.

When we got to the jail, neither Sheriff Erasmo Alarcon Jr. nor a testy Texas Ranger sergeant named Doyle Holdridge would let me interview either prisoner. They wouldn't tell me the accusers' names. All they did tell me is that Nethercott and Connor were being held on suspicion of aggravated assault – charges which didn't hold water from the outset. When Boye – who spoke only broken English – attempted to tell the lawmen his eyewitness account, they actually began to berate Boye and wound up all but accusing him of being part of the abuse.

In an interview following my jail visit, Foote told me the two foreign nationals, a man and a woman who were later identified as Edwin Alfredo Mancia Gonzales and Fatima Del Socorro Leiva Medina, were never beaten – with a pistols, rifles, a fist, nothing – and though his men were armed, the illegals were "treated with kid gloves." While his testimony could be construed as bias, it's important to note that Border Patrol agents aplenty will tell you captured illegal aliens routinely make up stories of abuse, because they know there are well-funded immigrant advocate groups in the U.S. who will help them get legal restitution.

As for the illegals, Foote and his crew gave them refreshments, ensured they were not in need of immediate medical care, and called the Border Patrol, which – ironically – manned a checkpoint just a few miles away. But after nearly an hour, when agents still hadn't shown up, Foote and his crew let all the migrants go. They were found walking along the highway by agents a short while later, however. Once in custody, the Salvadorans proceeded to tell authorities they'd been abused.

Another aside. Sheriff Alarcon, just days before all of this took place, published a letter in the local newspaper warning residents of reports he had been receiving for some years from ranchers and local residents, each of whom had spotted the unknown troops on occasion. Locals reported seeing men who were equipped with "professional backpacks" and walking together in a military cadence – the latest sightings of which had just occurred earlier that same month. "Obviously, they are trespassing, and obviously, they are carrying something," he wrote. "We hope it's narcotics and not something much worse."

In the end, the four Mexican illegals dropped all their charges, no doubt believing they had no case. But the two Salvadorans did not drop it. They continued to maintain the Ranch Rescue volunteers beat them, held them at gunpoint and threatened their lives.

Their perseverance paid off because eventually a court of law saw it their way. Though Nethercott was not found guilty of "pistol-whipping" and otherwise abusing the Salvadorans, he was still forced to cede his ranch to the couple in a settlement for "civil damages" which, in essence, amounted to compensating their bruised egos for being captured while trying to break into our country. As a legal coup de grace, Nethercott was also sentenced to a five-year prison term because he was a convicted felon in possession of a firearm.

In addition, Joe Sutton settled his case for $100,000; a judge issued a judgment against Foote for $500,000.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, a legal aid group along the lines of the left-wing American Civil Liberties Union, represented the illegal Salvadorans. An official with the group called Nethercott's punishment "poetic justice," because the aliens he tried to prevent from entering the country illegally wound up with his ranch.

Poetic injustice is more like it.

The moral of this story is loud and clear: If you're an illegal alien, you don't have to be beaten to win a lawsuit in America and take over a gringo's property. All you have to do is break into the country and get caught, then make up any story you think will be believed.

tms

Check this out this out:

http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/l ... am_pet.pdf

can't access it then download pdf reader here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Meridit, that news about the rancher should be given utmost attention.

While I was reading your post about your realization of the disaster this invasion has been and continues to be for our country, I was able to relate to you 100%. The United States simply cannot continue to go on like this. It is going to result in the utter destruction of our nation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast