Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Asheville, N.C.: City will not pursue immigration powers

So far 18 comments are left after this article at the source link.
    ~~~

City will not pursue immigration powers
    Police chief recommends against working with feds
    by Joel Burgess, JBURGESS@CITIZEN-TIMES.COM
    published July 25, 2007 12:21 pm
    ASHEVILLE – The city will not try to get some federal immigration powers for police officers, following a vote Tuesday night.

The City Council voted 6-1 to follow the advice of Police Chief Bill Hogan and not pursue training and other partnerships with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Councilman Carl Mumpower voted no.

Hogan said that Henderson County had tried to initiate the partnership but had not been able to make contact with ICE. Asheville police also had no luck, the chief said.

Hogan said most immigration issues were civil matters, not criminal. Local police would continue to enforce criminal laws, he said.

Mumpower said drunk driving was a major problem and that many illegal immigrants were able to avoid punishment using false identification.

http://citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... source=rss
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hogan said that Henderson County had tried to initiate the partnership but had not been able to make contact with ICE. Asheville police also had no luck, the chief said.
    This is about the stupidest excuse I've ever heard about not doing something. If I can establish contact with ICE, hou're telling me the police cheif of Asheville and members of the county administrators couldn't? I'll try to stop laughing in about an hour and a half.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)