Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Asian Americans slam proposed US immigration draft

Asian Americans slam proposed US immigration draft

Washington, April. 7 (PTI): Asian American community leaders have slammed as "inhumane" and "un-American" a newly leaked White House immigration draft which proposes to take away the right of legal immigrants to sponsor their relatives to join them.

The document containing "a set of principles" for immigration reform drafted by key Republican Congressional representatives was circulated in Washington last week. The plan creates temporary visas for undocumented immigrants and new workers, but it also places more limits on American citizens ability to bring their parents, children over age 21 and siblings to the United States.

"This plan attacks families and offers false hope for those seeking to legalize," Karen K. Narasaki, executive director of the Washington-based Asian American Justice Center has been quoted in the New American Media. The Asian American community is the second largest group of immigrants who enter the United States through family sponsorship or by being immediate relatives of American citizens.

According to statistics of the Department of Homeland Security China, Vietnam and India are among the top ten countries whose immigrants arrive through family sponsorship. In 2005, about 17,000 Chinese obtained legal status in the United States through family sponsorship; 26,800 became legal residents because they were immediate relatives of U.S. citizens.

Because so many Asians enter the United States through family quotas, the result of the White House draft could be nearly the same as the Chinese Exclusion Act, Michael Lin, Executive Director of the Organization of Chinese Americans has been quoted in the media report.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/00 ... 071055.htm
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I would hope that all advocates for legal immigration wake up and see what's going on. The Bush Administration's immigration "reform" proposals, along with its stealth implementation of the NAU/SPP will cut off almost all immigration from countries other than Mexico, and will favor illegal aliens from Mexico for "amnesty" over those from other countries.

Most of the amnesty proposals that have come forth, including S.2611 last year and the Flake/Gutierrez folly currently offered up would grant amnesty to those who illegally crossed the border (primarily from Mexico and Central America) while at the same time denying a path to legalization for those who initially entered on a legal temporary visa but overstayed (mostly from Asia or Europe.) Luis Gutierrez made it quite clear recently on Lou Dobbs' program that his legislation would crack down on overtays, while he advocated legalization of border crossers. Most of these legislative proposals are in fact biased in favor of Mexican nationals. Should not all illegal aliens be subject to the same treatment under the law.

The only avenue open to immigrants from counties outside of the proposed NAU will most likely be whatever the US Chamber of Commerce, The Council on Foreign Relations, or Bill Gates desire it to be.

---------

As to the proposal to limit or eliminate "chain immigration" as raised in this article, that is another discussion. I am arguing against what appears to be a biased immigration policy that gives preference to a single nation.

I personally know people who are legally, in the country. They have family members on a list waiting to come.

They have a network with a job, home, self suffient, will not need the freebies these illegal immigrants sneaking across the border will need.

However, they are waiting their turn and it's been years on the list.

That's what's so sad about the latest shamnesty, Matty. There ARE people waiting patiently for a chance to come LEGALLY and not be a drain on the economy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have a family member from Vietnam (a sister) whom my parents took in and raised through a church organization. She went on to college and is contributing to society. I also know a man who has a wife in Nairobi, Africa with a baby on the way. He can visit her, however she can not come here.

So, his child will be born in another country and the process of them becoming a family will take much longer.

We do not need illegal immigrants taking our jobs. My kids can mow yards, clean you name it! I still don't get where they come up with this idea they are needed when they are a drain!

If people come here LEGALLY, supports are in place & it does NOT drain our system. They learn the ENGLISH language and contribute & don't take away!

That is so wrong. These people are going through legal channels so we know who they are but the governnment would rather allow criminals to stay. If they do it will it include Cuba's wetfoot/dryfoot policy as all it does now is allows those with relatives in Miami to bring their family members over. Once they make land they quickly get temporary green cards with which they have to stay out of trouble with the law for one year. This is grossly unfair to others who have to wait 7 years or get citizenship after 5 for it to be quicker.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think it's time, these illegals learn that this is OUR Country and WE have LAWS already on the books!

Where they got the idea they could just waltz in here and demand things, and do whatever they want, is beyond me!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

The people coming into this country the legal way are going to be Hurt along with the Legal Citizens of THIS country.

What are we teaching our children? Come into the country illegal and you get everything for free!

At one time it was illegal/fraud even to receive benefits from the gov for assistance. I go near the local hopsital and they are lined up with illegal immigrants who do not speak english and they receive section 8 house, food stamps, a total drain on our system. We have gang members who are soon to start claiming disability for biopolar and other post traumatic stress disorder illness, due to not enforcing the laws! Why should they receive SSI benefits for disability when they are not citizens?????

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    I think it's time, these illegals learn that this is OUR Country and WE have LAWS already on the books!

Where they got the idea they could just waltz in here and demand things, and do whatever they want, is beyond me!
    moosetracks- they know it's OUR country, and they know we have LAWS. But, they figure LAWS ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN. AFTERALL, THEY BROKE THE LAW BY COMING HERE. And, nobody, not even the law, acted like they cared enough to do anything about it.

Now, with their 3rd WORLD THINKING CAPS on, they actually believe that we OWE them something, because "everyone is created equally" and "nobody is illegal".

Why Not The State Employees Credit Union & BOA???

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/115/story/72952.html

http://www.thetrenchcoat.com/archives/1 ... icers.html
    CMPD has received numerous inquiries on how to make a donation for the families of Officer Sean Clark and Jeff Shelton and where people can send flowers or cards of condolence to the family.

Cards: Please send to the Clark and Shelton Families in care of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, 601 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202

Flower Deliveries:
    For Officer Shelton, send flowers to Mcewen Funeral Home, 727 East Morehead St., Charlotte, NC 28202

For Officer Clark, send flowers to Forest Lawn West, 4601 Freedom Drive, Charlotte, NC 28208

Donations:

Below are three organizations that are accepting donations where 100% of monies will be turned over to the families. If approached by an organization that is seeking funds please be advised that neither the City nor the organizations listed below are conducting any type of mail or phone solicitations

Bank of America:

Two accounts have been opened and are now available to receive donations. Anyone can make contributions into accounts in any Charlotte area Bank of America (inclusive of Mecklenburg, Lincoln, Iredell, Gaston and surrounding counties). The names on the accounts are:

"Shelton Family Assistance Fund"
    "Clark Family Assistance Fund"

Police Benevolent Fund -- a charitable organization
    c/o Greg Crystal
    CMPD Headquarters
    601 East Trade Street
    Charlotte, NC 28202

Fraternal Order of Police #9 Foundation - a 501(c) 3 charitableorganization set up to help officers families in need
    c/o Sgt. Randy Hagler
    CMPD Headquarters
    601 East Trade Street
    Charlotte, NC 28202