Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Assembly Passes Dream Act, Illegal Aliens to Apply for

Assembly Passes Dream Act, Undocumented Immigrants to Apply for Scholarships

Posted: May 05, 2011 1:56 PM PDT
    Updated: May 05, 2011 1:56 PM PDT
    By Kiki Jones - bio | email

SACRAMENTO, Calif- The State Assembly passed the California Dream Act (AB 130), legislation that gives graduates of California high schools who meet in-state tuition requirements the right to apply for scholarships at California colleges and universities.

Accroding Assemblymember Luis Alejo, all scholarship money must be derived from non-state funds and the bill has no cost to the state or taxpayers.

Assemblymember Alejo, the principal co-author of the California Dream Act, said, "California is presented with a great opportunity, and this opportunity will provide our state with new direction and allow us to invest in our brightest students and help them realize their academic dreams and aspirations…. I believe in the California Dream Act because every student should have equal access to a higher education, equal access to a better future."

Three people from the Salinas Valley addressed the Asembly. Each of them shared their story about life as an undocumented student and the adversity they faced struggling to earn a college education.

Francisco, Hollister, 27 years old

In 2002, I was accepted to California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo. Six years later, in June of 2008, I graduated with a Bachelor of Architecture and Spanish Minor. Coming from an immigrant family of six from Hollister, CA, one thing was always said to me: work hard on anything that I set my mind to. And after some years of sacrifices and selling tamales, menudo, cleaning professor's houses and working hard every day, my family and I were able to pay my college tuition. The situation I was put in was not my choice. I believe individuals in similar situations should get the help to have their dreams come true.

Emma, Soledad, 20 years old

Throughout high school, I was an honors student. My grades were always great and I maintained a strong grade point average. My whole life I dreamed of becoming a doctor. My parents never had a chance to have an education and worked hard for me and my brothers to have a better life, here in America.

As the time to apply for universities came near, I consulted with my high school counselors. They recommended that I apply to private universities, because they offered more financial aid. Completing my applications, I was accepted to several universities and all agreed that I met the requirements to become a student at their campuses. Life, as it is, did not allow me to attend any of these universities. Tuition was something my family was not able to pay at the moment. I began work at a local fast food restaurant. This job would not be enough for me to pay for half a year's tuition at any of these schools. Heartbroken, I graduated from high school knowing I could not afford college. I'm proud of my accomplishments, but I know I can achieve so much more if given the chance.

Aurelio, Salinas, 18 years old

When I first came here in the United States, I thought going to school would give me opportunities to pursue my dreams. But since then I have become an AB 540 student. I feel discriminated against because I cannot qualify for opportunities that other students can. Financial aid was one of the keys I needed to open doors for my future success, but the office of Financial Aid rejected me just because I am an AB 540 student.

After high school, I transferred to Hartnell Community College in Salinas, California, where I am currently attending. I am majoring in Biology because I want to analyze the human body so I can help people to be healthy.

I believe that success is important and having a better education is a way to the future. Being an AB 540 student doesn't stop me from continuing my education and pursuing my dreams. But it closes all doors to government assistance. Without financial aid, I feel like I am living in darkness and because I don't have the same opportunities.

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/14582 ... -dream-act
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How can anyone possibly think this is fair to American Citizen Students?
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    If someone's a lib, I don't think it matters. It's all about "rooting for the underdog" to them and they still see the illegals as "underdogs". American kids be damned, they are on their own. Especially here in CA.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    If the citizens of the states that allow Dream Acts to be passed and the costs to each person of that state, then they deserve to suffer the results. Its their kids who will be left out because there is no room in the college for their LEGAL kid to attend. Thank your local illegal and politician for that.

Contact Judicial Watch:

Judicial Watch is headquartered in our nation’s capital, Washington, D.C., and would like to hear from you. Tell us how we are doing, report corruption or contact us to get more information. We are accessible by:

Phone– Call us toll free at 1-888-JW-Ethic (1-888-593-8442)
    Fax – 202-646-5199
    Mail – Please write to us at:

Judicial Watch, Inc.
    425 3rd St, SW
    Suite 800
    Washington, D.C. 20024

Directions
    E-mail -
    To tell us how we are doing or general inquires - info@judicialwatch.org
    Media inquires - media@judicialwatch.org
    Membership or Donation inquiries - fundraising@judicialwatch.org
    To apply for an internship – internships@judicialwatch.org
    For help with Freedom of Information and other Open Records Requests – openrecords@judicialwatch.org

Many are requesting lawsuits filed on behalf of Legal California U.S. residents so this can be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    The nut jobs sitting in our CA Assembly do not care about what's "fair" or not. If fairness were the bench mark, this garbage would have never passed the Assembly. They simply want to advance their pro-illegal invader agenda at any cost, including fairness to Americans and their college kids. IMHO....

Accroding Assemblymember Luis Alejo, all scholarship money must be derived from non-state funds and the bill has no cost to the state or taxpayers.
    I don't believe this for one minute because illegal invaders can already apply for privately funded scholarships to attend college. They wouldn't need an Assembly bill passed if they were not going to seek state funded scholarships and be given access to those funds.

I don't trust any of these la razas sitting in our Assembly!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It was predictable I think?

It wasn't no more than two hours ago that someone posted Ca had somehow found 2 billion in "Unexpected" taxes.

I was wondering how long it was going to take before we heard the pitter patter of little feet screaming "GIMME GIMME GIMME"?
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law

This Bill is just ONE of THREE ILLEGAL ALIEN BILLS INTRODUCED BY LA RAZAN, GIL CEDILLO -

AB 130 - OPENS UP PRIVATE SCHOLARSHIPS MONIES TO ILLEGAL ALIEN STUDENTS

AB 131 - OPENS UP CALGRANTS MONIES (THIS IS WORSE BECAUSE THIS IS STATE TAXPAYER MONIES PAID BY LEGAL U.S. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS)

AB 230 - DRIVERS LICENSES FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS

HERE IS THE LINK IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE:

http://asmdc.org/members/a45/legislation?layout=item

SACRAMENTO, Calif- The State Assembly passed the California Dream Act (AB 130), legislation that gives graduates of California high schools who meet in-state tuition requirements the right to apply for scholarships at California colleges and universities.
    Advice all of those people that supports the Dream Act, not one penny of taxpayers’ money will support and educate illegal aliens, let the supporters pay the bills out of their pay checks.

One other thing, we citizens should stop sitting around and allowing those people use and treat us as they do. Get out there more often and hold town meetings and let all of those people know we will not accept their unlawful actions anymore. Americans are being treated badly and it is not right or fair.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself: