Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ASU: Hecklers Attack Sheriff Arpaio During Interview

Hecklers Attack Sheriff Arpaio During Interview

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 11:21 AM

PHOENIX -- Hecklers broke out into song and forced a high-profile Arizona sheriff to abandon a First Amendment forum sponsored by Arizona State University's journalism school.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was asked by a panel of journalists Monday night to explain his relationship with the media, his various law enforcement policies and whether his office conducts racial profiling.

Arpaio told the panel that his office is an "equal opportunity law enforcement agency" that will arrest anyone who violates the law.

Later in the interview at ASU's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, protesters began loudly singing and chanting as Arpaio was asked about a federal investigation and his policies on illegal immigration.

The sheriff told the panel the outburst was "ridiculous" and he left the stage.

ASU journalism school dean Christopher Callahan later called the protest misplaced.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/us_a ... 92607.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ASU journalism school dean Christopher Callahan later called the protest misplaced.
    This is way college kids are so out of control, they ruin a speaking engagement and the "authorities" that are supposed to set the example call the protest MISPLACED!!???

I call rude, obnoxious, and intellectually dishonest at the least. They have the right to protest any way they want but they choose to just shut down any debate.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Same story w/name of song indentified.

Hecklers upstage Ariz. sheriff during interview
    - 12/1/2009 5:09:12 PM

Hecklers in the audience broke into a loudly sung version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" and forced a high-profile Arizona sheriff to abandon a First Amendment forum sponsored by Arizona State University's journalism school.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was asked by a panel of journalists Monday night to explain his relationship with the media, his various law enforcement policies and whether his office conducts racial profiling.

Arpaio told the panel that his office is an "equal opportunity law enforcement agency" that will arrest anyone who violates the law.

Later in the interview at ASU's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, protesters began singing a version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" and chanting as Arpaio was asked about a federal investigation and his policies on illegal immigration.

(edit)

http://www.onenewsnow.com/AP/Search/US/ ... ?id=792606
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They might shut him up, but they won't shut him down!

GO Sheriff Joe, Go!

For background, see:
    AZ - Large Crowd Expected at Live Interview of Arpaio
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-179640-arpaio.html

Arpaio Appearnce at ASU Sparks Outcry
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-178838-arpaio.html

If these were mostly journalism students, it is a sad commentary on the future of news. Not everyone can be a talk-show host.

What is up with this dispicable behavior on our college campuses? They allow people like Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad to come here and speak without heckling him, but they can't even show the same respect toward an American citizen in his own country. This is just another attack on free speech in this country by the liberal left wing nuts and it's being encouraged, obviously by the college staff.

The college needs to hear from EVERYBODY on this. Even if you may not agree with his policies, the behavior of the students is what needs attention here.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

I'm having flashbacks to last year when Tom Tancredo tried to have a rational discussion at that college in NC.

These incidences make me more determined than ever to keep my kids OUT of college. It will be trade schools for them.

Gerald Celente says the "college crash" is next. Storys like this one will not help colleges recover any faster. They should be aware of this, but yet, crap like this is allowed to go on and on. Those brats should have been shut OUT!

This is one man that has more brass *&^% then Lou Dobbs for sure! I find it revolting that these college people would do that once AGAIN after inviting someone to speak at their forum.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

April
    Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    They might shut him up, but they won't shut him down!

GO Sheriff Joe, Go!
    Joe is a hero and you are right he will not be stopped. God Bless him, we should keep him in our prayers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast