MExico is replacing many of its consulates with more experienced career diplomats in its all-out efforts to convince Ameircans that we need millions of their uneducated, illiterate, underclass to continue to reside illegally in our country AND to provide them with benefits and privileges of citizenship as well. It's not going to work no matter how much money and effort....the IA's can't help themselves. Everyday there are murders, assaults and all kinds of horrible crimes committed by IA Mexicans, the MExican drug dealers and human traffickers aren't going to be helping the Mexican PR machine either.

Americans aren't stupid...and no sir, we won't be sending our teens to vacation in Mexico anytime soon. Americans are better off spending their money in the U.S.A....we have the U.S. Virgin Islands, we have Hawaii, ...we will NOT spend money in Mexico.

Mexican consul pushes positivity

Published on: 03/06/08

Salvador De Lara, 55, took over as consul general of Mexico in Atlanta on Feb. 19, replacing Remedios Gomez Arnau, who served for seven years. Here's a look at De Lara and his goals and responsibilities.

Previous job: Career diplomat with the Mexican Ministry of Foreign Relations.
Miguel Martinez/Mundo Hispanico
(ENLARGE)
Salvador De Lara is the new consul general of Mexico in Atlanta and he hopes to show Georgians that Mexico is an ally.

RELATED:
• More Atlanta and Fulton County news

On being consul in Georgia: "I feel like it's a big challenge. As the bullfighters say, I feel like I'm in front of the face of the bull. ... We will try to move toward a less hostile atmosphere. We have to show that Mexicans are here for positive reasons."

How he can help Mexicans in Atlanta:

Ensure they have passports.

Improve standard of living through education and health programs.

Defend human rights of Mexicans.

How he can help non-Mexicans in Atlanta:

Show that Mexico is an ally and partner.

Show that Mexico can help U.S. economy be more competitive.

Encourage tourism to Mexico.

On NAFTA: The North American Free Trade Agreement has shown very positive results, Lara said. Exports from the United States to Mexico have grown three times. "This has been very good for the United States," he said. The exports from Mexico to the United States have grown five times. Trade between the two countries has grown from $85 billion before NAFTA to $350 billion now.