Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Attrition is beginning to work. Faster, please.

National Review Online
    the corner

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Changing Behavior [Mark Krikorian]

A new report [see direct link below] from the Inter-American Development Bank offers yet more evidence that enforcement is starting to lead illegal aliens to rethink their options. The punchline of the report — a survey of 5,000 immigrant adults from Latin America (except Cuba), almost half of them illegal aliens — was that Hispanic immigrants are sending less money home. But some other findings are more interesting — 28 percent of respondents said they were considering returning home and 81 percent said it was harder to find a job. Those numbers, and the drop in remittances, could just be the economy, of course, except that the survey also asked whether they considered "discrimination against immigrants" a major problem, and two-thirds said yes. Since that was almost double the proportion who answered yes in a survey in 2001, it's pretty clear that the "discrimination" they're talking about is simply enforcement of the immigration laws, a point reinforced by the fact that illegals were much more likely to point to this "discrimination" than naturalized citizens.

Attrition is beginning to work. Faster, please.

05/01 12:33 PM

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... JlYzM4MTk=
    --------

link for above:
    http://www.iadb.org/news/articledetail. ... artid=4595
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Agree. I seriously wonder if the rate at which IAs are being deported+formally deported outpaces the rate at which new ones jump the border+overstay visas.... (?)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Attrition is beginning to work
    If it works, let's go with it.

I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

TheFomorian is back with his vid clips! ()

"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here" (or something like that - I forget the exact wording...)

anyone missing their illegal alliens, they aren't walking back to their countries, they are here in mchenry county illinois. the number of illegals has jumped since even last year. more & more homes are now housing many many illegals (regardless of immigration status, living more then one family in a single family home is illegal) the number of non english speaking students in our schools has forced this county to build- building 4-6 new schools over the next 3 years. needless to say our property taxes have gone sky high.

How's things, Phred?

I hope all is good!
    I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

Good, how 'bout you?

I hope you're having a good day off today!

Update/Edit: Oops - I realized you could be posting from work perhaps... Oooh. Sometimes I say stupid things when I don't engage the brain cells properly... (sorry). Well, if that's the case - more power to you!

I couldn't be better!
    --Harriet Tubman

Ok. Glad to hear it.

Hope things in your area are smooth for you today.

We're just cruising.

--Harriet Tubman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast