Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Audit Unnerves Green Card Applicants

Audit Unnerves Green Card Applicants

By: LIFS

The Labor Department is investigating the nation's largest immigration law firm for potentially improperly advising U.S. corporations on disqualifying American job applicants in the process of securing certification for green cards.

The department says that the New York law firm of Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, whose clients include General Electric, IBM, Cisco, and Intel, may have improperly advised clients to contact a Fragomen attorney before hiring "apparently qualified" U.S. workers.

It said Fragomen advised its clients: "After an interview, should any of the applicants appear to be qualified for the position, please contact a Fragomen attorney immediately to further discuss the candidate's background as it relates to the requirements stated for said position."

The department is auditing the company's applications on behalf of thousands of immigrants for permanent foreign labor certification, or PERM, which is used to sponsor workers for green cards. The process requires a company to advertise and seek to find qualified U.S. workers for the job. A company may fill a position with a foreigner only if it is unable to recruit a U.S. citizen.

Fragomen denies the charges and says its lawyers can offer its clients "critical legal advice they need to navigate and comply with this complex regulatory process."

Fragomen is the largest law firm handling PERM cases, filing 3,600 labor certifications in 2004, twice the number of the next largest company, the vast majority from Indian citizens.
    http://www.littleindia.com/news/128/ART ... 08-10.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope it leaves them quaking in their boots. I hope they are so un-nerved Valium won't calm their shaking. I hope they sweat so bad the new prescription anti-perspirants won't save them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

HOW ARE AMERICANS FEEDING THEMSELVES; AND MAKING THE MORTGAGE PAYMENT?

WHERE ARE THE TENT CITIES AT?

Remember the YouTube video of Larry Lebowitz and VP Marketing Attorney of Choen and Grisby. They did the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU

This Fragoman gang should be hung up by their thumbs. And the audit should take a look at the hiring practices of their clients.

We here have known this for quite awhile!! We saw the youtube telling the group how to not hire americans!!! Why didn't the media know this too?

While doesn't the media watch our group, so they can be up on things. What a bunch of useless" News People."

How about 1 year later news. I wonder if they will put out a huge article about the Diebold machine changing votes soon... creeps.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

The department is auditing the company's applications on behalf of thousands of immigrants for permanent foreign labor certification, or PERM, which is used to sponsor workers for green cards. The process requires a company to advertise and seek to find qualified U.S. workers for the job. A company may fill a position with a foreigner only if it is unable to recruit a U.S. citizen
    SO THERE ARE LAWS IN PLACE FOR HIRING IN AMERICA??

JUST LIKE AUSTRAILIA...CAN NOT take a CITIZENS OPPORTUNITY AWAY FOR WORK IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY!

LAWS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM>>>>>>THE ENFORCEMENT OF THOSE LAWS ARE AT FAULT
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou