Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Auditor: Many State Employees Could Have Fake IDs

http://www.wral.com/news/10002248/detai ... 42006&ts=H

Auditor: Many State Employees Could Have Fake IDs

POSTED: 6:22 pm EDT October 4, 2006
    UPDATED: 6:49 pm EDT October 4, 2006

DURHAM, N.C. -- A recent audit that found phony Social Security numbers being used by North Carolina Central University employees could be just part of a more widespread problem, authorities said Wednesday.
    More than two dozen N.C. Central employees were the focus of the state audit. Auditors found seven were using Social Security cards with invalid numbers, while two others are accused of stealing the Social Security numbers of dead people.
    Some of the employees told investigators they got their fake cards on the black market.
    "They indicated they bought them. They were never issued; they bought them," said Chris Mears, of the State Auditor's Office.
    Mears faulted the university for not cross-checking its files with a monthly state-issued list of fake Social Security numbers.
    "We think N.C. Central should've caught it early on," he said.
    University officials declined to comment on the audit's findings, aside from issuing a statement that blamed the problem on clerical errors.
    "If there were one or two, it'd probably fall in the reasonable error margin. But there were significant errors," Mears said.
    State and federal prosecutors are reviewing the employees' cases to determine what if any criminal charges should be filed.
    Meanwhile, state auditors said they believe the problem extends beyond N.C. Central.
    "We think this is a problem that could reach into all state government agencies and other universities," Mears said.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Don't you feel SAFE, RUTH? I know I sure do.

Damn but we're one hell of a country!! Come one and come all.........steal an American identity and get the American Dream.
    YEA! It's a bloody free- for -all for ILLEGALS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This sounds quite serious. These are good paying jobs that Americans should get not ILLEGALS!!

CHARGES SHOULD BE FILED AGAINST ALL OFFENDERS.

This could also be widespread in other states. This should be checked immediately in every state.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Meanwhile, state auditors said they believe the problem extends beyond N.C. Central.
    "We think this is a problem that could reach into all state government agencies and other universities," Mears said.
    Truer words were never spoken.

I do hear you on that 2nd
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith1338
    I do hear you on that 2nd
    Ya know, ISMITH, these people had better start worrying. I'm beginning to laugh an awful lot at what I read and that's a dangerous sign. The more I laugh, the more focused I become.

Praying that everyone is getting focused too. This crap has got to stop.
    ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

I had a tadoo tonight when I was out. Asked the guy if he had a Green Card and he got quite angry. WHY do I want to know!!
    I'm getting even more vocal than usual. Because Americans don't want to deal with ILLEGAL ALIENS anymore! He went from angry to furious and almost threw the box at me. I wish he had. If only he had...it would have been the last box he ever threw for a very long time.
    I laughed which means, for me, I've reached my limit.

vent over

Banned
    Well, I'll tell you about my experience today. We've had several water mains breaks in my neighborhood recently. The break that was supposedly fixed last Friday failed again on Monday, resulting in folks in our neighborhood waking up Monday morning with no running water to take showers with. Today I noticed a backhoe and crew back at that same area, though I couldn't tell whether they were trying to dig down to the water main again or were simply there to repair the section of sidewalk that was torn up on Friday and Monday.

Imagine my surprise when I couldn't find anyone on a six man work crew who could answer my questions in English! I called the city, explaining that maybe the reason the pipe didn't get fixed the first time was because they had hired unqualified illegal laborers. The rep at my city-owned utility told me that they had subcontracted the job and were unaware that there were any illegal aliens working for the contractor. She said that she would pass along my concerns. I expect that means that some brick wall somewhere got a stern talking to. I do, however, plan to take this issue up with my councilman at the next meeting.

2nd I know what you mean, I wear my t-shirts and I wait to see if anyone confronts me on this issue. So far none have but we shall see. I am out of patience in dealing with these illegal aliens which have overrun the section of Boston that I live in. Can't wait to work the November elections to see how many walk through the door to vote, that should be interesting.

With regards to the guy that was mad because you asked his status, tough crap. You are right it would have been the last box he would ever throw. Do not mess with a woman with a cause that is dear to her heart she will lose it
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I called the city, explaining that maybe the reason the pipe didn't get fixed the first time was because they had hired unqualified illegal laborers
    Keep me laughing, CROCKET..........keep me laughing!

How the hell can these people even THINK about fixing a water line when they don't even have them in much of mexico? They can't understand English so that the contractor is left with 'showing them by sign language' what needs to be done.

If you want to feel better and get a chuckle to boot think MEXICAN ELECTRICAL WORK. Want to see a non English speaker do code work?
    OYE, that's a fire hazard from the get go. Flames shooting out of the walls, hot spots wherever, wires just cut willy nilly. It's amazing that we don't have more devastating fires in the cities. At least with 'water,' all you need is a dingy but with electric one might need a whole fleet of fire trucks with YOUR WATER

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    I called the city, explaining that maybe the reason the pipe didn't get fixed the first time was because they had hired unqualified illegal laborers
    Keep me laughing, CROCKET..........keep me laughing!

How the hell can these people even THINK about fixing a water line when they don't even have them in much of mexico? They can't understand English so that the contractor is left with 'showing them by sign language' what needs to be done.

If you want to feel better and get a chuckle to boot think MEXICAN ELECTRICAL WORK. Want to see a non English speaker do code work?
    OYE, that's a fire hazard from the get go. Flames shooting out of the walls, hot spots wherever, wires just cut willy nilly. It's amazing that we don't have more devastating fires in the cities. At least with 'water,' all you need is a dingy but with electric one might need a whole fleet of fire trucks with YOUR WATER
    Well, so far the only illegal alien electrical work I've seen is when they got up on the roof of our building and stole all the copper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast