Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Aussie Anti-Immigration Leader Moves to UK

Aussie Anti-Immigration Leader Moves to UK

Monday, February 15, 2010 9:50 AM

SYDNEY – Australian anti-immigration firebrand Pauline Hanson is selling up and heading to Britain after becoming disillusioned with her home country, a magazine reported on Monday.

The former One Nation party chief, who infamously warned Australia was in danger of being "swamped by Asians" in her maiden parliamentary speech, told Woman's Day she would be away "indefinitely".

"I know I will never be given a chance to re-enter parliament again," Hanson was quoted as saying.

"I'm 56 this year. So, while I've still got my health, I want to get out there," she added.

Hanson, who left the door open for a possible return to Australia, has abandoned hope of a political comeback after losing a Queensland state election bid last year.

The former fish and chip shop-owner complained Australia had become a "harder" place to live with fewer opportunities. She said she was selling her property southwest of Brisbane and was leaving her home state for good.

"Our governments lack enough people with the fortitude to speak up without fear or favour," she said. "Over-regulation, increasing taxes and lack of true representation are affecting our way of life.

"I feel very much for the young ones. Once it was common for them to own their own home. Not now. It's a harder place. Sadly, the land of opportunity is no more applicable."

Hanson drew international condemnation but briefly won domestic support in the 1990s with her anti-immigration and trade protection policies, before losing her seat in 1998.

She spent several weeks in jail in 2003 for fraudulently spending electoral funds before the judgement was overturned.

In 2007, she ran unsuccessfully for a national Senate seat, switching her target from Asians to Islam and calling for an end to immigration by Muslims to protect "Australian culture".

Last year, Hanson blamed her failure in the Queensland state election on the publication of raunchy photos purportedly taken by an ex-boyfriend. The pictures turned out not to be of Hanson.

Source: The Associated Press

http://www.newsmaxworld.com/global_talk ... 12942.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds like underhanded powers did a real number on this woman having her arrested for false allegations and smearing her name with false sex scandal pictures.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)