Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Authorities investigating possible hate crimes

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=5196458

Authorities investigating possible hate crime in Albertville, Alabama

July 25, 2006 09:27 PM

Authorities are looking for the person or persons responsible for vandalizing several businesses in Albertville early Tuesday morning.

Police say six Hispanic businesses along Baltimore Avenue were sprinkled with bullet holes, resulting in thousands of dollars worth of busted windows and glass doors.

"Enemies? I don't know enemies. I don't know what happened," said business owner Enrique Chevez.

Even though all the businesses hit were Hispanic, the Albertville Police Department isn't ready to call this a racially motivated crime.

"At this time we're just hoping it's a coincidence," said Albertville Police Sgt. Jamie Smith.

They say the investigation is in its early stages.

However, they say if evidence suggests this was a hate crime, the punishment would be severe.

"If it does turn out to be some type of racially motivated crime, then federal government will be involved then," said Sgt. Smith.

Police say they have no witnesses.

They also say nothing was taken from the businesses.

If you have any information about this crime, you're asked to call Albertville Police at 256-878-1212.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Re: Authorities investigating possible hate crimes

Quote Originally Posted by krazynbama
    http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=5196458

Authorities investigating possible hate crime in Albertville, Alabama

July 25, 2006 09:27 PM

Authorities are looking for the person or persons responsible for vandalizing several businesses in Albertville early Tuesday morning.

Police say six Hispanic businesses along Baltimore Avenue were sprinkled with bullet holes, resulting in thousands of dollars worth of busted windows and glass doors.

"Enemies? I don't know enemies. I don't know what happened," said business owner Enrique Chevez.

Even though all the businesses hit were Hispanic, the Albertville Police Department isn't ready to call this a racially motivated crime.

"At this time we're just hoping it's a coincidence," said Albertville Police Sgt. Jamie Smith.

They say the investigation is in its early stages.

However, they say if evidence suggests this was a hate crime, the punishment would be severe.

"If it does turn out to be some type of racially motivated crime, then federal government will be involved then," said Sgt. Smith.

Police say they have no witnesses.

They also say nothing was taken from the businesses.

If you have any information about this crime, you're asked to call Albertville Police at 256-878-1212.
    "However, they say if evidence suggests this was a hate crime, the punishment would be severe". What if the "Shooters" are Hispanic,will the Punishment still be severe,or will the Albertville Police just let them go?

I wonder, do you think it is possible that the hispanics did this theirselves so they could garner compassion and support from people straddling the fence post? Gosh, I am fast becomming a conspiracy theroist, something I use to laugh at other people about. Paybacks are hell I guess
    Build the dam fence post haste!

yes nitty, I do think that is a possibility. It happened here in North Alabama back during the protest marches....and illegal was busting windows out of cars of other illegals to make it appear as a hate crime, but fortunately he was caught at it. I was wondering the same thing myself, and I'll post it if it turns out to be so!
    "Remember the Alamo!"

I'm tired of one way reporting. Why is hate crime even mentioned? It is clear they have no idea at this point. If these businesses had been owned by only whites would that be the headline as well?
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

I wonder, do you think it is possible that the hispanics did this theirselves so they could garner compassion and support from people straddling the fence post?
    It's absolutely possible. Possible and possibly even likely.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)