Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ: 2nd Ariz. lawmaker tells of threats over immigration

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...reat20-ON.html

2nd Ariz. lawmaker tells of threats over immigration

Paul Davenport
    Associated Press
    Feb. 20, 2007 05:28 PM

A state representative who has urged his colleagues to show restraint in what mandates they impose on businesses to help curb illegal immigration said Tuesday that he and his family have received threats in connection with the issue.

"I never thought that I would fear for my safety or the safety of my family when I took a seat in the Arizona House of Representatives," said Rep. Bill Konopnicki, a Safford Republican who owns several restaurants and other businesses.

"None of us should fear for our safety or of those we love," Konopnicki said during a floor speech. He paused several times during the speech to maintain his composure. advertisement

Konopnicki is the second Arizona legislator this year to publicly report receiving threats in connection with immigration and border issues.

Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Phoenix, on Jan. 22 said she had received several sexually threatening e-mails in response to her bill that would make armed civil patrols an act of domestic terrorism.

Konopnicki cited a "poisonous atmosphere" regarding illegal immigration but said he would not be intimidated. "We need to vote our conscience," he said.

However, he pleaded with House Speaker Jim Weiers "to make this stop."

Speaking from the rostrum, Weiers responded by telling Konopnicki that other members periodically had received threats.

"Mr. Konopnicki, you're right. A lot of things have gotten out of hand," Weiers said. "These things happen a lot, a lot more than the public would ever imagine."

"It goes too far to threaten families, Weiers added. "Hopefully we will catch these people and bring them to justice."

Konopnicki later said he got an anonymous letter at his home Friday and that he subsequently got an e-mail that included the name of a person who purportedly sent it.

He said the state Department of Public Safety, which helps provide security for the Legislature, was investigating. "The DPS said you have to treat all of these things seriously," Konopnicki said.

"I never thought that I would fear for my safety or the safety of my family when I took a seat in the Arizona House of Representatives," said Rep. Bill Konopnicki, a Safford Republican who owns several restaurants and other businesses.

I never thought that I would fear for my safety or the safety of my family when I took a seat in the Arizona House of Representatives," said Rep. Bill Konopnicki, a Safford Republican who owns several restaurants and other businesses.
    And to think that the policies and regulations espoused by Mr. Konopnicki's type of illegal immigrant enabling mentality actually serve and protect the interests of U.S. Citizens?

I have news for you pal---no U.S. Citizen is SAFE while your crew of Illegal Labor enablers is in charge! Look at the mayhem of accidents, murders, smuggling, and economic injustice and damage caused by "you illegal constituents".

And you have the nerve to WHINE about the safety of you and or your family?
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

What a tard. All he has to do is follow the law and he wont receive threats. Breaking the law by rolling out the red carpet to illegals is going to get him all kinds of threats.

He is voting his conscience...or is he voting to find cheap labor for his restaraunts and other businesses?

"It goes too far to threaten families, Weiers added. "Hopefully we will catch these people and bring them to justice."
    I always like to see a bunch of legislative lawbreakers, given the sanction of the podium, pontificate about the perceived injustice they are subjected to.

Perhaps if the "lawmakers" in question really voted their conscience, and reflected the WILL OF THE CITIZENS who elected them, and became part of the solution, instead of the problem, and really started to address the issues of "catching people and bringing them to justice"(ie ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!), they would not spend sleepless nights worrying about their illegal immigrant agenda, no?

When you lie down with dogs........
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

"None of us should fear for our safety or of those we love," Konopnicki said during a floor speech. He paused several times during the speech to maintain his composure. advertisement
    None of WHO should ever be afraid for our safety?

Americans or.........you ILLEGAL panderers?

There is a difference, you know.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This media coverage as was Ms. Senima's is about as stilted as the recently hyped news that the KKK is making a resurgence due to the increase in the immigrant population.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Well said TM! These assholes aren't too overly concerned about safety and welfare until it is their own.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee