Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

AZ-Arpaio Gets Grilled In Deposition

Arpaio Gets Grilled In Deposition
    America's 'Toughest' Sheriff Answers Tough Questions
    Jason Barry
    KPHO.com

POSTED: 5:59 pm MST January 5, 2010
    UPDATED: 8:21 pm MST January 5, 2010

PHOENIX -- The self-proclaimed "toughest" sheriff in America, who's seemingly never at a loss for words, had trouble recalling operations in his own office, according to a recent deposition.

This deposition centered on a federal civil rights lawsuit claiming that Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio used racial profiling to round up illegal immigrants during sweeps across the Valley last year.

The sheriff sat and answered questions for almost seven hours from the plaintiff's attorney on Dec. 18.

On numerous occasions, the sheriff said, "I don't recall" and "I don't remember," even when asked about the details of key operations.

The sheriff referred much of the decision making to his chief deputy.

He also said he is not well versed on the 4th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and has not read the book he co-wrote in 2008, "Joe's Law: America's Toughest Sheriff."

"I am not sure, to the best of my knowledge," said Arpaio during the deposition. "I haven't reviewed the book recently. In fact, I haven't even read the book."

Also in the deposition:

•The sheriff indicated that he has not read the racial profiling complaint against him.

•He has not instituted any training for deputies on racial profiling and does not believe any training is necessary.

•The Sheriff delegates much authority to his high ranking deputies and media relations staff.

Arpaio's attorney said the sheriff is the CEO of a very large organization that includes several thousand people and does not believe the deposition will help the case against the sheriff.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22144594/detail.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

•The sheriff indicated that he has not read the racial profiling complaint against him.

•He has not instituted any training for deputies on racial profiling and does not believe any training is necessary.

Profiling is an accepted method of criminal investigation and law enforcement.

•The Sheriff delegates much authority to his high ranking deputies and media relations staff.

It's a very busy department. This is to be expected.
    [/b]
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

its possible that the sheriff has other important things to worry about than being questioned by others

He also said he is not well versed on the 4th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and has not read the book he co-wrote in 2008, "Joe's Law: America's Toughest Sheriff."

"I am not sure, to the best of my knowledge," said Arpaio during the deposition. "I haven't reviewed the book recently. In fact, I haven't even read the book."
    Got a good laugh out of this one.

Members of Congress habitually fail to read bills they try to pass. Ironic, ain't it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Arpaio didn't know much about the 4th? No kidding. It never fails to amaze me how little coppers know about the 4th Amendment no matter how much experience they have. You'd think they knew it like the back of their hand since it's usually at issue upon contacting a suspect and criminal defense attorney's attack this first.

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Another sensless lawsuit. Sheriff Joe Arpaio is awesome. We need more like him in the U.S. instead of the pro-illegal losers who want this criminal alien invasion. GO SHERIFF JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Unreasonable search and seizure is applicable and exempted from a lot more instances than it used to be, thanks to the circuit and supreme courts.
    One may also thank the Patriot Act to allow agencies to spy on anyone in this country.