Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ: Business leaders take aim at new immigration law

Business leaders take aim at new Arizona immigration law

PHOENIX -- A group of Arizona businesses began a public relations assault Tuesday to convince the public that a new law that prohibits the hiring of illegal immigrants will devastate the state's economy.

The group, known as Wake Up Arizona!, is considering proposing a ballot initiative to combat the state's efforts to crack down on illegal hiring.

Mac Magruder, a restaurant owner who chairs the group, said the law puts businesses that aren't hiring illegal immigrants in the position of enforcing an immigration law.

"You don't have to make businesses the Border Patrol," Magruder said.

Two weeks ago, Gov. Janet Napolitano signed the employer sanctions proposal into law, though she criticized certain elements. The law prohibits employers from hiring illegal immigrants and requires them to verify the employment eligibility of workers through a federal database.

Violators could face a 10-day business license suspension. Repeat offenders would have their business licenses revoked.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://kvoa.com/global/story.asp?s=6802 ... =Printable

Employers have many things they have to do in the legal realm such as record valid SS#, report earnings, etc., etc.,

It is against the law for them to hire anyone in this country illegally - already on the books. What's wrong with making them adhere to that law also.

The arguments are so transparent - I mean there is no substance to them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Employers have many things they have to do in the legal realm such as record valid SS#, report earnings, etc., etc.,

It is against the law for them to hire anyone in this country illegally - already on the books. What's wrong with making them adhere to that law also.

Yea!

This is my number 2 DEMAND from my government. PUNISH COMPANIES THAT HIRE ILLEGALS. PUNISH THEM HARSHLY
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

I know I sound like a broken record, but business is the problem.

It is the pivot point.

They take our money and purchase our politicians and hire illegals.

They take our money and give it to LaRaza, etc., and fund other pro-illegal activities.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

Yea!

This is my number 2 DEMAND from my government. PUNISH COMPANIES THAT HIRE ILLEGALS. PUNISH THEM HARSHLY

unfortunately that just isn't going to happen with the current crop of traitors errr I mean politicians in charge. There is a huge push for this NAU, any idea where this push came from? How and why it's continue to be pushed when there is an overwhelming majority opposed to it?

Borders just get in the way of business, product flow, and people "willing to the jobs americans don't want to" Of course business is going to try to force states to see it their way by using scare tactics.

It didn't work before the civil war (I need slaves or such and such will collapse and cotton will be X amount of dollars) and it certainly won't work now.

We all know the money saved from illegal (slave labor) is used for profit growth.
    "When the Government Fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People Fear the Government, there is Tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

...to convince the public that a new law that prohibits the hiring of illegal immigrants will devastate the state's economy.
    It's sad that someone would believe the entire state's economy is built on uneducated illegal aliens. These people are liars. It takes only seconds for someone to verify a SSN through the BPP. The only thing it will "devastate" is their own cheap, greedy agenda!

It's a joke to think they will "convince the public." They should be embarrassed!