Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ congressman working on PRO immigration issues

Jun 3, 4:16 AM EDT

Arizona congressman working on immigration issues

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Armed with bipartisan support, an Arizona congressman is moving ahead with legislation that could solve a series of illegal immigration issues.

Rep. Raul Grijalva said the measures will be introduced soon and would provide expedited citizenship for active duty military members who are not U.S. citizens, and permanent resident status for their families.

House Resolution 6020 would help some of the more than 45,000 noncitizens serving in the U.S. military as of March 2007, said Grijalva, a southern Arizona Democrat.

"Some families fear immediate deportation if their noncitizen soldier is killed on active duty," he said.

The bill would permit family members of such soldiers to become lawful permanent residents.

A second bill calls for basic health care for detained immigrants.

House Resolution 5950 would set medical care standards for immigrant detainees.

The secretary of the U.S. Department of Health Services would be required to establish procedures for the timely and effective delivery of health care to detainees and to report the deaths of detainees to the agency and Congress. It would require any necessary medications be provided upon detention.

Grijalva may not he done yet. The congressman said he is considering co-sponsoring two more immigration bills that have bipartisan support.

One eliminates the per country limits on foreign workers who can obtain employment-based visas to work in the United States.

The second would allow about 12,000 masters or doctorate-level graduates of U.S. colleges each year who are noncitizens to obtain green cards to work in science, technology, engineering and math.

---

Information from: Tucson Citizen, http://www.tucsoncitizen.com

http://tinyurl.com/3wvvgj

I would not support any of Grijalva's measures as written. An illegal alien should not get a greencard for a relatives service only a legal immigrant for their own. The ICE should only cover emergency care. The limits by country should be retained. Foreign students already et a year of practical training. I wonder if practical training extension or 12,000 green cards is worse.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Isn't this a federal issue for the U.S. congress and NOT state congress?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Grijalva is a US Congressman
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AH you are right! the states are pulling so much crap when I read this I thought AZ was pulling something like they are trying with cheap labor....over looked the name
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)