Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ: Illegal immigrant taken in after using distress beacon

Illegal immigrant taken in after using distress beacon

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 1:44 PM

CASA GRANDE - Last Thursday, an illegal immigrant activated a rescue beacon in the West Desert after giving up on the trek through the desert - they were taken to the Casa Grande Border Patrol Station for processing.

According to a release from the Department of Homeland Security, the illegal immigrant who activated the beacon was not in distress, but was giving up on the "arduous trek" through the desert. The subject was taken to the Casa Grande Station for processing.

The Tucson Sector Border Patrol has deployed rescue beacons at strategic locations throghout the West Desert between the Nogales and Ajo BP Stations to respond to anyone in distress or in need of assistance, officials with DHS say.

Specialty units like the Border Patrol Search, Trauma and Rescue (BORSTAR) teams are also in place to respond to those in distress.

With the summer months approaching, DHS would like to remind anyone traveling in the Southern Arizona desert to be aware that the environment presents. You should consume a minimum of a quart of water an hour in 90 degree weather, keep your skin covered, and stay out of the sun as much as possible.

http://www.kvoa.com/news/illegal-immigr ... ss-beacon/

It looks as though the DHS is giving them tips on how to make it here during the hot summer months. there shouldn't even be a distress beacon placed out in the desert because anybody with an ounce of sense wouldn't be out there. IMO, the DHS is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStClaire
    anybody with an ounce of sense wouldn't be out there. IMO, the DHS is a joke [/i][/b]
    "LadyStClaire you are a "Beacon of Hope!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Nothing should be out there but scorpions and snakes

I firmly believe any illegal caught sneaking in should get about 6 months in jail for a first offense

Of course that is my kind side

I have other feelings about what we should do with foreign nationals trying to illegally enter this country when we are in a time of war

.... .... ... , let God sort um out

Illegal immigrant taken in after using distress beacon.
    Good way to trap them sneaking into the U.S.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself: