Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ: Immigrant advocates oppose state-run guest worker progra

Immigrant advocates oppose state-run guest worker program

Associated Press - March 6, 2008 1:34 PM ET

PHOENIX (AP) - Immigrant rights advocates are criticizing a proposal at the Arizona Legislature that would create a state-run guest worker program.

The federal government now runs the program where foreign workers are permitted to enter the country for temporary work.

Hector Yturralde (e-too-ral-deh) says the proposed state-run program doesn't provide the housing and wage protection that are in the federal program and thus would leave workers open to labor abuses. He is president of Somos America, a coalition of groups that has organized immigration protests in Phoenix,

Supporters of the proposed state-run program say it would help lessen Arizona's labor shortage and would result in fewer illegal crossings of the Arizona-Mexico border.

http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=7975992&nav=HMO6
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hector Yturralde (e-too-ral-deh) says the proposed state-run program doesn't provide the housing and wage protection that are in the federal program and thus would leave workers open to labor abuses. He is president of Somos America, a coalition of groups that has organized immigration protests in Phoenix,
    HAHAHAHA oh my! He opposes it because he knows the STATE will be able to enforce it, whereas the federal govt won't.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I've concluded that illegal aliens are just too whiney and needy to be Americans. They complain too much. Oh please illegals, get mad, pack your toys up and go home, if you don't like it. "Don't let the border gate hit ya" on the way out!

I think day labor sites are a good idea for citizens and visa holders. It fills a need of employeers and employees but the illegals have to be kept out of them.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    HAHAHAHA oh my! He opposes it because he knows the STATE will be able to enforce it, whereas the federal govt won't.
    If a program is state run, I don't think you'd have issues with labor abuses and wages WHAT I would question is that there needs to be secure monitoring that those representing the state aren't involved with under the table payments as well as many other frauds. Even today Gov't programs run rampant with workers who will attempt to buck the system and go to the underground to further exploit illegals while at the same time reaping rewards. Two that I can think of are the dirty law enforcement officers (BP) included as well as those employed by SS and other ICE officials.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I've concluded that illegal aliens are just too whiney and needy to be Americans. They complain too much. Oh please illegals, get mad, pack your toys up and go home, if you don't like it. "Don't let the border gate hit ya" on the way out!
    Now, now, Dixie, where's yoah Soouuthun hospitable-ness? Doan ya fawget how yo Moma raised you 'uns.

Now, run along, you lil' illegals. There's no money to be made hanging around heah.
    Wouldn' y'all rathuh be sumwayuhs else, some place thet y'all wouldn' be riskin' gettin' LOCKED UP?
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Hector Yturralde, president of Somos America, a coalition of groups that has organized immigration protests in Phoenix, said the proposed state-run program doesn't provide the housing and wage protections that are in the federal program and thus would leave workers open to labor abuses.

"This is a federal issue. The states need to stay out of it," Yturralde said.
    Welllll when the illegal aliens get out of the state......then the states will get out of it. Until then, stick it where the sun don't shine Hector.

Oh and illegal aliens working under the table now aren't open to labor abuses?
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina

That's what I figured too...Obviously the Feds can't and won't enforce it but if you have it at the state level I think they could get a better grip on it and have more incentive to enforce it because ultimately it's the states who have to deal with and pay for illegal immigration and the costs that go with it...

Is this man talking about the FEDERAL GOV. that we have now, that is so bumfuddled about how to solve a pretty simple problem, he thinks they would be able to run a day labor site to oversee workers and employers in compliance in the law we already have in effect. Guess we have more common sense than that especially after the Federal Gov. is a total trainwreck in this area.