Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ:Large immigration protest affecting downtown traffic

Large immigration protest affecting downtown traffic
    Story(23) CommentsBy Phil Villarreal Arizona Daily Star | Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 11:48 am | Comments

Greg Bryan/Arizona Daily Star
    Hundreds of mostly-student protesters rally outside the State of Arizona regional office complex in downtown Tucson on Friday under the watchful eye of Tucson Police. (Click on photo to enlarge.) .
    ..Several hundred people are gathered at the state building downtown protesting Arizona's immigration law.

Most of the crowd, estimated to be between 400 and 800 people, are young people. Many gathered there after walkouts earlier in the day at schools that include Pueblo, Cholla, Catalina and Rincon.

TUSD officials said today they estimate some 200 students from those school took part in the walkouts.

The crowd is staying on the sidewalk and the gathering is peaceful.

However, traffic is backed up on West Congress Street and police have shut down traffic South Granada Avenue, between Congress and West Alameda Street.

This is the second large protest young people have held this week at the state building.

A handful of counter protesters were also there.

Meanwhile, hundreds of protesters have returned to the Arizona State Capitol complex calling on Gov. Jan Brewer to veto the nation's toughest legislation against illegal immigration.

Demonstrators have been camped outside the Capitol since the measure passed through the Legislature on Monday. Their numbers have grown steadily throughout the week, with buses bringing protesters from as far away as Los Angeles.

Opponents say the crackdown would lead to racial profiling against Hispanics.

A handful of supporters also were on hand to ask Brewer to sign the bill. They say it takes the political handcuffs off law enforcement officers.

The Asscociated Press contributed to this story.
    http://azstarnet.com/news/local/govt-an ... 002e0.html
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Anchor babies skipping school and vandalizing again?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Opponents say the crackdown would lead to racial profiling against Hispanics
    Sorry ,but any kind of enforcement or show of power against these people would be a sign of racial profiling. They argue that it is up to the Federal Government to enforce laws. But as we all have seen when ICE does do their job they still call out "racism"

They want an amnesty and nothing less. Open borders would be even more favorable to these people.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

the aliens perspective on "racial profiling" is soon to law of the land in AZ. pack it up mohito, the LAW is coming!!!!

the law is signed and I have faith in their law enforcement officers to carry it out.....
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Anchor babies are protesting for their parents. Pack your bags people because you are finally going home! No more leeching.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn