Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ Muslims Celebrate Feast

With Christian holidays coming under so much attack lately, particularly from the Muslim faith, I could not help but see the irony here.

If Christians were to rent a huge venue like the Civic Center for thousands of our faith to celebrate our holiday, the only front page news it would make would be surrounding the controversy and protests coming from those who are "offended".

The fact that these folks could gather like this epitomizes "Freedom of Religion". It's just very sad that we are not allowed the same courtesy and respect.

www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/104842

7,000 Valley Muslims gather for Feast of the Sacrifice worshipLawn Griffiths, Tribune
    Half a world away in Mecca, some 3 million Muslims were ending their holy pilgrimage, or “hajj,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I knew there were a lot of Muslims there, didn't know how many.

When we were out there, I felt so sorry for the women who would be covered head to toe in black, in the 120 degree weather, while the males, even young boys, were allowed to wear white short sleeved shirts.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I knew there were a lot of Muslims there, didn't know how many.

When we were out there, I felt so sorry for the women who would be covered head to toe in black, in the 120 degree weather, while the males, even young boys, were allowed to wear white short sleeved shirts.

Ditto here.

I also feel sorry for the women being forced to dress like that in this heat.

It can be life threatening and is outright cruelty.

It is hard for me to feel sorry for these muslim people. Their dress is a matter of choice just like anyone else.
    <div>If you love this nation, please stop illegal immigration.</div>

Quote Originally Posted by txkayaker
    It is hard for me to feel sorry for these muslim people. Their dress is a matter of choice just like anyone else.
    I agree. They'll get no pity from me. If Muslim women are foolish enough to dress in all that silly garb when they're in the U.S. and protected by laws that don't allow punishment for how they dress....well, that is their choice, and I'm not going to waste time feeling sorry for them.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

While I do agree with both of you Americangirl and Txkayaker, it's only to a point because there are other issues within that religion which need to be taken into consideration.

Many of these women are not aware of the laws in this country which will protect them from the barbaric consequences of disobedience. It is the norm for the females to be kept illiterate and isolated, forbidden to talk to others, watch television or listen to the radio. They only know what they are told.

However, even if they know better, there are other means of controlling them which are quite effective. Our laws are really no comfort when their religion only recognizes their law so our law is no deterrent to the male murdering them who then flees back to his own country. Their children are used as a threat, the women can be returned to their home countries in disgrace and shame where the consequence for shaming both families is usually death.

Now, the women who practice the "moderate" form of the religion, are a different story. They may dress conservatively in Western clothing and it is acceptable thereby making it entirely their own choice if they choose to suffer miserably in the traditional garb.