Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ Newly laid-off point to migrants (illegal aliens)

Lawyer: Let-go people try to keep job

by Jahna Berry - Jan. 2, 2011 12:00 AM
    The Arizona Republic

Many workers fantasize about what they will say on the way out the door if they ever get a pink slip.

In Arizona, these days those parting words often include a threat to call Sheriff Joe Arpaio or immigration officials, a local attorney says.

Increasingly, laid-off workers are trying to convince their former employers that they shouldn't be let go because there are illegal immigrants on the payroll who should be fired instead, said Julie Pace a Phoenix attorney who represents employers.

"We get that at least once a week now," Pace said. "So now we have a process where we send a letter from the company to the former employee and tell them how important it is that the company is compliant with immigration laws and if they can identify anyone who is undocumented, that we need to know."

Sometimes ex-employees eventually sign a declaration saying they never really knew of any illegal-immigrant workers. But about 20 percent of the time, those former workers provide names and supporting information. Occasionally, those tips lead to terminations, Pace said.

But the information doesn't save their jobs. "The other person doesn't get their job back, of course," Pace said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... z19qVCHrbl
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GO CITIZEN WORKERS! GO ARIZONA! Lets go people! Start hiring lawyers and filing suits.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Lets identify them to everyone and stop supporting their businesses, hit them in the wallet and they will start listening. Go to wehirealiens.com and you find a list of those who hire them in your area. Write them a letter telling them you know what they are doing and let them know you are reporting them and not patronizing their establishments any longer. It will get results eventually.

Please note that the attorney quoted works for a firm that represents employers. I have found absolutely no attorneys in this vast greater Phoenix metro area that represents individual employees - zip nada zero. There are some who make such claim but their record is that they secretly represent the money - the employer and they knowingly kill good suits that need to happen for the protection of the public and employees.

So basically people are calling around to all attorneys in hopes of finding one that will actually put principles over profits for once in their life (for a real issue, not just one that wins them kudos with the local CLUB). These slimeballs quoted in the article take the unemployed persons' information and contact their former employer with the allegations. I am sure this is a nice revenue source for them - cleaning up these "messes" for the local business community. I wonder how much retaliation former employees receive and if anybody is following up on that. We all know that deported illegals have their "cousins" fill in for them until they get back - usually just a couple of days. And these illegals that get dismissed due to these events merely go and purchase another ID and come back and work for the same company with a new name.

You all need to remember that Republicans have always been for big business and have support illegal workforce and the massive profits that can be had by having illegal families on the public dole and Medicaid - they are just as big of sell-outs of the American people as anybody from any other party. I had the opportunity to work for them years ago and OMG! All the crap that I learned from the radicals in New Haven CT was true! I HEARD them in their meetings plotting and conniving what I had formerly dismissed as propaganda and hearsay. NOT.

You also need to remember that Lost Wages was not the only location declared open territory for the Mob.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    ...You all need to remember that Republicans have always been for big business and have support illegal workforce and the massive profits that can be had by having illegal families on the public dole...
    I think the "party" is a big business machine but as the Tea Party has shown that the Conservatives (majority of the members) of the Republican party are more concerned about where their tax dollars are going. You are already seeing a shift in the Rep. Party. The Democrats have become less about labor(pushing it off on union goons) and more about big business and globalist interest.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For years I expressed outrage - stating simply that they are killing the goose that laid the golden egg. Now there is no question I think everybody can see that we became long past totally unsustainable quite awhile ago and the buck is stopping here there and everywhere. I wish somebody could explain to me why absolutely everything is going up in price when my monthly income is going down. Just seems like more corporate robbing and raping to me. Still say we need a common sense party. I am so done with the both of them and all our other loser parties and our sold out immoral media that does not give lip service to equal coverage of all candidates. This nation is ripe for change alright - I think you are trying to give me hope and re-engage me in the process Dixie but I think too many of us are way past that.

This nation is ripe for change alright - I think you are trying to give me hope and re-engage me in the process Dixie but I think too many of us are way past that.
    There is alway hope - but we'll have to keep working. Demos are still salivating over all those undocumented Democrats, Repulicans still have a strong Open Borders, Come And Get It contingent. But Repubs also know that they clobbered the Demos in the Congressional elections because Demos were in charge. If we keep the pressure on, we can turn the tide in favor of Americans.

We'll have to let both parties know that we're all caught up in a zero sum game: it's either jobs for Americans or jobs for foreigners. In the Other Topics sub-forum, I posted a Reuters article re job growth being too small to keep up with population growth. We should be carrying that message to all elected representatives, with the additional message that illegals must be shut out of any job that an American will take.
    ************************************************** ******************************
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

I agree with you vistalad but I would remove that caveat "that any American won't take." There are no jobs that American won't take. That's a flat out lie. We were taught not to take certain jobs until they brought the wage up. Or, for example, the college educated woman was taught not to let on that she knew how to type otherwise she would find herself merely doing secretarial work. We were trying to maintain an expected standard of living. I mean look at it now! In some places you have to pay $25 to merely have your application for employment at McDonald's processed! All jobs are only on the internet now. What if you are poor and don't have internet? Oh yeah, go to the library and wait all day like all the other poor people do - it really gets prohibitive and the wages they are paying don't allow you to maintain the regularity that even the law expects of you - in other words, current wages do not pay enough to keep a roof over your head and transport yourself to work and dress the way they want you to - but seems they waive all those requirements for illegals? Or years ago when I was in transition my friend wanted me to take a job in her department but the starting wage would only cover my daycare expenses. I would have no monies for food and rent etc., and she repeated that old platitude that any job is better than no job. I said no - I will not and cannot work for an unsustainable wage. The illegals got childcare help from that program, they got food stamps, they got section 8 housing - none of that would be given to me should I have taken that low wage position. That is why Americans can't do those jobs. And subsidizing the employment of illegals is a large part of our financial problem so there does need to be a massive restructuring as some do say - but what I'm talking about is not the same at all.

Subsidizing the employment of illegals is a large part of our financial problem so there does need to be a massive restructuring as some do say - but what I'm talking about is not the same at all.
    When Cesar Chavez was first organizing farm workers, I saw an article re rising prices. Turned out that if he got everything he wanted, the price of a large can of tomato juice would have increased by five cents. If illegals can't be hired, employers will have to raise wages. That'll result in higher slightly prices, but the higher costs will be miniscule compared to the benefits derived from putting Americans to work.

I have a lot of hope for E-Verify, which should be mandatory at worksites and pubic assistance offices.

I think I've seen articles in the local daily about working people getting subsidized child care. I don't know about other areas.

Duplicate post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast