Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Politics & Public Relations

As many have already posted here, I think the federal government is coming down hard on Sheriff Arpaio because he's not only succesful at dealing with the illegal immigration problem, he refuses to to give in to the federal government's attempts to get him to "sit down, shut up and drink the Kool-aide." The thing that amazes me is that groups like the Mexican-American Legal Defense Fund aren't spending more time trying to shut him down through lawsuits.

Regardless of the efforts to shut him down, Sheriff Arpaio continues to aggressively deal with illegal immigrants by any legal means, and more power to him!! Hopefully, his efforts will result in a decline in illegal boarder crossings by Mexicans and other nationalities who choose to enter the United States through our currently porous southern boarder. That's the thing so many people seem to forget, is that more and more nationalities are arriving at our southern boarders, many of them from nations who support terrorism. Is the next terrorist in America going to arrive by foot through our boarder with Mexico?

Re: Politics & Public Relations

Quote Originally Posted by srgothard
    As many have already posted here, I think the federal government is coming down hard on Sheriff Arpaio because he's not only succesful at dealing with the illegal immigration problem, he refuses to to give in to the federal government's attempts to get him to "sit down, shut up and drink the Kool-aide." The thing that amazes me is that groups like the Mexican-American Legal Defense Fund aren't spending more time trying to shut him down through lawsuits.

Regardless of the efforts to shut him down, Sheriff Arpaio continues to aggressively deal with illegal immigrants by any legal means, and more power to him!! Hopefully, his efforts will result in a decline in illegal boarder crossings by Mexicans and other nationalities who choose to enter the United States through our currently porous southern boarder. That's the thing so many people seem to forget, is that more and more nationalities are arriving at our southern boarders, many of them from nations who support terrorism. Is the next terrorist in America going to arrive by foot through our boarder with Mexico?
    srgothard - Welcome to ALIPAC!

Couldn't agree with you more. I've often said the terrorists must just be laughing at how easy it is to sneak into this country. They can easily find out where all the border holes are. As you might know, there are cameras on some of the popular paths illegal aliens use to cross. They come daily. I don't doubt for a second that a few of those people sneaking across are terrorists.

Or they can get in with VISAs. I think its pretty easy to get a student VISA. Then just overstay it when expired. Keep a low profile -- or NOT, heck, we barely enforce VISA laws anyway.

I believe at least one of the terrorists recently arrested for a planned attack was here on expired or student VISA. Surprise, surprise.

Simply mind-boggling.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

The US/Mexico Boarder & Visas

From what I've been hearing in the news, about all you have to do to avoid the Border Patrol is go down what few sections of "The Wall" we have and do an end run around it. As far as the US/Mexican border goes, it's all but an open door, with hundreds of miles being "protected" with nothing more than a simple barbed wire fence.

As for Visas, reading between the lines, it sounds like there are thousands of people who come into the United States on not just Student Visas, but various kinds of temporary laborer Visas, and when their Visas expire, they just stay on and go under the radar.

As I recall, you're right that at least a few of the 9/11 terrorists came in on Student Visas.

If I haven't made it clear, I'm all for legal immigration. It's how we bring new blood and new ideas into the country. Heck, it's how this country was built (we're all descendants of immigrants, after all.).

I've got a good friend who came here from another country (I'm not going to tell you her name or country of origin because she wouldn't wan't her privacy invaded) who played the immigration game legally, played by the rules and earned her citizenship the way it's supposed to be done. Like so many like her, she bitterly complains about these pretenders to the system, because she rightly feels that doing so gives all immigrants a bad name. She'd get even madder about illegals than I would, because she put so much time and effort into earning her citizenship, and felt cheated by these people who refused to play by the rules.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12