Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ: Some Illegal Immigrants Trying to Circumvent System

Well this isn't surprising.
    ~~~~~

Illegal Immigrants Trying to Circumvent System
    July 11th, 2007 @ 5:07pm
    by Bob McClay/KTAR

Beginning in January, businesses could lose their licenses if they employ illegal immigrants in Arizona.

That has led many immigrants to use social security cards and drivers licenses to register as "self employed." They'll then enter into contracts with their current bosses.

"'If I cannot be your employee, then I will have to be your business partner.' And, as a business partner, you are not subjected to the requirements of I-9 Forms. ‘Because we're doing a business transaction,'" said Elias Bermudez, with Immigrants without Borders.

"'I'm going to mow your lawn for an X amount of money and I'm not your employee and I'm just going to go there a few days every month.' And that's a contract situation between businesses."

Bermudez doesn't think the plan will work, and that the county attorney and others will still arrest illegal immigrants.

http://news.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=538400
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This fellow, Bermudez, is the same convicted felon that Laura Ingraham blasted in an audio debate the other day.

Yeah, this Bermudez is a Certified, Four Star B.S. artist.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

"'If I cannot be your employee, then I will have to be your business partner.' And, as a business partner, you are not subjected to the requirements of I-9 Forms. ‘Because we're doing a business transaction,'" said Elias Bermudez, with Immigrants without Borders.

I know this may sound silly, but if this is the case that the Illegals can be "Business Partners" can that illegal fight in the future claiming partial ownership of the actual business he or she is working for? Do I smell EXTORTION or something? Maybe I'm reading this all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Berfie

I know this may sound silly, but if this is the case that the Illegals can be "Business Partners" can that illegal fight in the future claiming partial ownership of the actual business he or she is working for? Do I smell EXTORTION or something? Maybe I'm reading this all wrong.

No, you are not reading this all wrong. A partnership would be construed by the instrument, if any exists, creating the union. But those who would take on these 'partners' should proceed with extreme caution and remember always that a verbal contract, if proven, has the legal import of a written contract.

Illegal is illegal, whether they are business partners or not. They are still working illegally in the U.S. Boot 'em out.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This doesn't sound new to me.

Most illegals I have seen work on a 'contractual' basis. That is they flash a SS#, the employer duly notes it, at the end of the year a 1099 is sent out to whatever address the illegal has given. There are no taxes withheld and no taxes matched by the employer.

The illegal is responsible for filing and paying any taxes that are due.

The idea of 'partner' just seems like some kind of doubletalk.

But illegals have long worked this way and are considered 'self-employed' or 'contract work', sometimes called 'casuals'.

This may be some way for the state or whatever government is responsible for enforcing the law - to try to get around having to enforce it, since they may not be considered 'employees' in the strict sense of the word. Maybe the ones writing the law should have thought about that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think this will be a very hard one to get away with and most business men would not even consider saying someone who is not is a business partner unless he is making one hell of alot of money.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fedupinwaukegan needs help check out this link!!If you are anywhere near the conference great time to meet William from ALIPAC
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68140

National Organization Announces 'Shop in Waukegan Day' to Counter Illegal Alien Boycott

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=73007
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)