Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

AZ- SPLC urges Arpaio to part with groups

Arpaio urged to part with groups
    by Jim Cross, Sandra Haros
    (August 12th, 2009 @ 3:20pm)
    Comments:132

PHOENIX - The Southern Poverty Law Center is calling on Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio to distance himself from anti-illegal immigration groups, saying that such groups may view his stand on immigration as vindication of their beliefs.

Dr. Heidi Beirich of the center came to the Valley at the invitation of Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon, who has been a lightning rod in the immigration debate, clashing with Arpaio.

"It's not about immigration, it's about hate," Gordon said Wednesday.

Beirich singled out three anti-illegal immigration groups on her radar screen: the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps, American Border Patrol and United for a Sovereign America. All operate within Arizona's borders.

Beirich said it is dangerous to have mainstream people, such as the sheriff, associating with the Natavist groups.

"These are not people who anybody who is in public life should be spending time with," Beirich said. "These are parts of our horrible past, especially the racism, that we've been trying to get over."

Arpaio takes offense to anyone implying he's a racist, saying "I have no use for racist groups. I do not condone racist groups."

He added, "I think if people knew my family, they would know that's a viscous allegation made by these open-border people trying to do everything they can to insult and discourage me from enforcing a law."

Arpaio tells News/Talk 92.3 KTAR he is not a racist. "Come on, am I a racist? I'm not a racist," he said. "You know and everybody knows it. I'm just doing my job, enforcing all the laws, including illegal immigration."

Beirich said Arpaio's association with such groups endorses what they do and empowers them, calling that "a scary thing."

"In terms of rating immigrant communities and what not, they probably figure that he's endorsing their views," she said.

"It's not just hanging out with haters, it's also marching immigrants down the street in fatigues and this scene that, like, comes out of imperial Rome," she said, adding, "I don't know why it is that he keeps getting re-elected, I just don't know."

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1198932
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    mainstream people ~ Americans ARE the NORM

the Southern Poverty Law Center is the FAR LEFT FRINGE GROUP that cant be any more flakey than what they already are; but damn if they are not trying
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Divide and Conquer...

Southern Poverty Law Center is still Race baiting I see...Same ol Same ol...

SPLC = Lying, Racist, Race baiting, liberal progressive, anti-American, anti-constitutional, globalist, losers...

I hope Sheriff joe tells the SPLC they can crawl back into their hole.

The SPLC

Have these IDIOTS at the SPLC ever stopped to think that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE it has to do with the fact that Americans are just angry, insulted and offended at Illegals and their supporters for:

1: Making demands of us and our country (rather than asking Nicely with maybe a "please" thrown in if they can stay)
    2. Marching up and down our streets with the flags of foreign countries, looking like a conquering ARMY.
    3. Failing to apologize for breaking our laws and bringing a very bad element with them (namely Aztlan and gangbanging ms-13 and the likes)
    4. Actually ACCUSING us of being racist (using race baiting tactics)
    5. Threatening our government with promises NOT to vote for them en masse.
    6. Stealing our resources in all manner from law enforcement to free healthcare at emergency rooms
    7. Exploiting our laws to steal more resources with their anchor baby tactics.
    etc etc etc...more

I DO NOT CARE WHERE YOU ARE FROM OR WHAT YOUR ETHNIC BACKGROUND IS but when you break into my beloved United States of America, INSULT and offend me time after time, YOU MOST CERTAINLY ARE NOT WELCOME HERE.

The SPLC needs to quit Race baiting tactics already because they have already lost ALL credibility.

And on a personal note let me just say to the SPLC "GO **** YOURSELVES, you lying, racist, liberal progressive freaks"

those FEMA Camps are going to come in Handy ~ The New Nuremburg War Crimes Trials will need a lot of room as holding centers for corrupt politicains

War Profiteers

MEGOLOMANIC War Mongers

POLITICIANS that want to be DICTATORS like BUSH and ANY other Politician that wants to make a grab of Power... We protect the Constitution... not FREAKS that think they are the New Hitler leading the New 4th Reich ... and that would be the DEMON~CRATS

and damn if there will not be enough room for ANTI AMERICAN GROUPs LIKE THE SPLC... your ANTI AMERICAN PRO COMMUNIST actions will help you little

you are not the Norm ... you the SPLC are the Neo~Marxist. Just Like Bush which represented the NEO~CON's you have to go
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Has the Poverty Law Group register a FARA form to represent foreign interest?

American Patrol's reply

We Will Prevail -- Silencing Americans will not work

By Glenn Spencer, American Border Patrol – Aug. 14, 2009

This week Dr. Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center came to Phoenix at the invitation of its mayor to warn Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio to distance himself from American Border Patrol, the organization I head.

"These are not people who anybody who is in public life should be spending time with," Beirich said. "These are parts of our horrible past, especially the racism, that we've been trying to get over." She said it was dangerous for the sheriff to associate himself with American Border Patrol.

Read Glenn Spencer's complete answer:

http://www.americanpatrol.com/09-FEATUR ... 90814.html

We Will Prevail -- Silencing Americans will not work

By Glenn Spencer, American Border Patrol – Aug. 14, 2009

This week Dr. Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center came to Phoenix at the invitation of its mayor to warn Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio to distance himself from American Border Patrol, the organization I head.

"These are not people who anybody who is in public life should be spending time with," Beirich said. "These are parts of our horrible past, especially the racism, that we've been trying to get over." She said it was dangerous for the sheriff to associate himself with American Border Patrol.

To the best of my knowledge, my organization, American Border Patrol, has never had anything to do with Sheriff Arpaio or the Maricopa County Sheriffs office. We have never spoken with him or anyone in his organization. We have never sent him information or solicited his support. He has never contacted us. We support Joe Arpaio in his work, but it is admiration from afar.

So what is Beirich talking about? What is it about American Border Patrol that Sheriff Arpaio should avoid? Are we a bunch of crooks ripping off the American People?

American Border Patrol, or ABP, is a non-profit 501 c (3) Arizona corporation. It was incorporated in 2002. Today it is in good standing and can solicit tax-deductible donations from every state in the union except Minnesota where approval of our application is expected shortly. ABP"s books are audited every year by an independent CPA firm. According to the IRS, it is a charitable organization. I earn no salary and have invested nearly one million dollars to aid ABP.

But what does ABP do that frightens SPLC so? SPLC has claimed that ABP has "abused" migrants and detained them illegally. Where is the evidence that such things have ever happened? There is no evidence because such things never happened – ever. SPLC has fabricated these things for its own purposes. It is lying.

And why is it that SPLC stands alone in its attack on ABP? If we go around abusing migrants and detaining them illegally, where is the ACLU? Where is MALDEF? Why aren't these groups coming to the aid of poor migrants suffering from such abuse? To my knowledge SPLC is the sole accuser and it presents no evidence to back its claims. But that doesn't seem to bother the media. They report SPLC's claims anyway.

Now, here is the truth: ABP has been singled out because we are very good at what we do and SPLC hates the truth.

And what is it that we do?

ABP is America's watchdog on the border. We use technology to show what can be done and is being done to enforce the laws passed by Congress and signed by the President. Armed with the knowledge provided by ABP, the American people have put pressure on their elected officials to do the job right. . The American people want their borders secured, but the SPLC does not. It is that simple.

Our Web site shows that we have been pioneers in the use of technology. We were the first to send live images of border intruders over the Internet, and we did it at night. (A detailed chronology of our history is shown here.)

ABP pioneered the use of unmanned aerial vehicles for border surveillance. This technology is in use today by Customs and Border Protection.

ABP was the first to show how border cameras could be operated by volunteers over the Internet, a technology adopted by the State of Texas.

Following the signing of the Secure Fence Act of 2006, ABP launched Operation B.E.E.F. to keep tabs on our government. And it's a good thing we did because we showed that the government once again failed to meet its obligations.

This past July 4 ABP placed more than 3,000 American flags on the border, each with a message from an American. Some messages asked the government to do its duty. Many, however, praised American Border Patrol for its dedication to America.

ABP depends on small donations from individual Americans, many of whom have followed our work for years. We have no large donors or foundation support, mainly because we are demonized the mainstream media cooperates closely with the SPLC to paint us a hate group. The National Council of La Raza, a group dedicated to the subversion of our immigration laws, receives government money, but ABP, a group dedicated to the proper enforcement of our laws, does not.

This week I got a call from a reporter at a Phoenix TV station (Melissa at Channel 12) asking about the SPLC claims. I told her if what SPLC says about ABP is true, the media have a responsibility to investigate. I invited her and her station to visit ABP to get the facts. I didn't hear back.

If anyone from the media is interested, an official at CBP once told a Sierra Vista reporter that ABP was doing valuable service for America. That same official recently sent me an email on her private email server that our new map of the border fence was "fantastic" and better than anything CBP had. She congratulated us. But no one from the media is interested.

There is a blackout of American Border Patrol because the mainstream media don't want the people to know the truth about the border. SPLC"s labeling of ABP as a hate group is very useful as it gives them cover for refusing to report on what we do.

American Border Patrol is an honest, hard-working organization dedicated to telling the truth about the border. It is very good at what it does and it has done nothing wrong. If such an organization can be successfully demonized and silence by a well-funded organization dedicated to the destruction of our nation, then we are all in serious trouble indeed.

There are many wrongs in America today and the SPLC attack on the truth and American Border Patrol is just one of them. But I sense a new awakening. The Tea Parties and Town Hall meetings say this.

I pledge that American Border Patrol will not quit and will keep fighting for the truth and for America. More and more Americans are beginning to see through the SPLC's of the world and are beginning to fight back. I have faith that we will prevail.

http://www.americanpatrol.com/09-FEATUR ... 90814.html

Beirich singled out three anti-illegal immigration groups on her radar screen: the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps, American Border Patrol and United for a Sovereign America. All operate within Arizona's borders.
    These patriotic groups should sue these people for slander....

The real offence is by our goverment allowing groups like LaRaza, LULAC, ACLU etc. to have a say in any of our government business and then to top it off fund them with taxpayer dollars!!

Pretty sad when a difference of opinion makes you a racist...ya real terriorist who want nothing more than their laws enforced...Damn idiots!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Here is a piece on the SPLC and a good read.......

The SPLC exposed - Southern Poverty Law Center - Morris Dees and hate crimes
    Answering Our Critics
    The Social Contract Press
    Answering our critics

The Puppeteer Replies

Dr. John Tanton resume

Description of U.S.

SPLC letter and Dr. John Tanton's Reply

The SPLC exposed

The Pioneer Fund - University and College Grantees

The Mitchell Prize Essay on International Migration

Recommended Articles by Robert Locke

A Journey into American Conservation

End of the Migration Epoch?

John Tanton's personal website
    The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has been rated "poor" by Charity Navigator, stating that net assets were $152 million.

From the article King of the Hate Business:

The sun is dipping low in the evening sky over the Republican Party as the Other Leading Brand... It's also horrible news for people who raise money and make money selling the notion there's a right resurgence out there in the hinterland with massed legions of haters, ready to march down Main Street draped in Klan robes, a copy of "Mein Kampf" tucked under one arm and a Bible under the other.

What is the arch-salesman of hate mongering, Mr. Morris Dees of the Southern Poverty Law Center, going to do now?...

Dees and his hate-seekers scour the landscape for hate like the arms manufacturers inventing new threats and for the same reason: It's their staple.

From the article When a hate crime is something to love:

...Morris Dees [founder of the Southern Poverty Law Center] won a judgment for a black woman whose son was killed by Klansmen. She received $51,875 as settlement. Mr. Dees, according to an investigation by the Montgomery Advertiser, pulled in $9 million from fund-raising solicitation letters that featured a particularly gruesome photograph of the grieving mother's son. Mr. Dees, who pays himself an annual salary of $275,000, offered the grieving mother none of the $9 million her son's death made for him.

Mr. Dees, in fact, earns — or is paid, which is not necessarily the same thing — more than nearly any officer of other advocacy groups surveyed by the National Journal, more than the chairmen of the ACLU, the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and the Children's Defense Fund.

"You are a fraud and a con man," Stephen Bright, director of the Southern Center for Human Rights, which actually takes on dozens of death-penalty appeals for poor blacks every year, once told him. "You spend so much, accomplish so little, and promote yourself so shamelessly."...

White guilt can be manipulated with black pain, but it has to be done carefully. It's a sordid scam. Some people would call what Morris Dees does a hate crime, but it's a living, and a very good one.

From the article Lump of Coal:

... human nature being what it is, there always seems to be a lump of coal lurking among the sugarplums. We were reminded of this unpleasant fact again by a Journal reader in Arlington who considered making a contribution to the Southern Poverty Law Center, listed as No. 0454 in the Combined Federal Campaign...

In fact, unknown to most CFC donors, the tax-exempt SPLC flunked an audit by the Arlington-based Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance, which requires that "a reasonable percentage, at least 50 percent of total income from all sources, should be applied to programs and activities directly related to the purposes for which the organization exists."

...SPLC...spent 89 percent of its total income on fund-raising and administrative costs...

Granted, administrative costs tend to run high when executive salaries are in the six-figure range. For example,... Morris Dees, SPLC's chief trial lawyer, pulls down a cool $280,699...

... give your hard-earned dollars to a real charity, not a bunch of slick, parasitic hucksters who live high on the hog by raising money on behalf of needy people who never see a dime of it.

From the article The Church of Morris Dees:

In 1986, the center's entire legal staff quit in protest of Dees's refusal to address issues--such as homelessness, voter registration, and affirmative action--that they considered far more pertinent to poor minorities, if far less marketable to affluent benefactors, than fighting the KKK. Another lawyer, Gloria Browne, who resigned a few years later, told reporters that the center's programs were calculated to cash in on "black pain and white guilt."

Read more about the SPLC:

Exposing the SPLC

King of the Hate Business

The Church of Morris Dees

Lump of Coal

When a hate crime is something to love

The Southern Poverty Law Center: A Twisted Definition of Hate

The truth about 'hate crimes' and the racial justice racket

Good News: SPLC loses $50 Million. Bad news: $PLC can afford it

The Southern Poverty Law Center - No Artistry in its Smears

Morris Dees Fact Sheet

Who is the Southern Poverty Law Center and What is Their Role in the Campaign Against Prop. 200?

Intolerance Identified - Morris Dees and The Southern Poverty Law Center

Morris Dees background information

Charity Navigator gave the SPLC an overall rating of only one star and a score of only 39 in 2004.

The American Institute of Philanthropy's Charity Watch gave the SPLC an overall rating of F in August, 2009, 2008, and 2000.
    Significant revenue can be generated from peddling hate, and the SPLC knows how to rake it in. Here's their complete Form 990 as required by IRS for tax-exempt non-profit orgs (here's a snapshot of salaries from the form). It includes a list of the schools and local governments that have signed on to disseminate their hate ("tolerance") propaganda. Total salaries exceed $4.5 million.

For more information on the SPLC, please review the articles and information in the box on the left. These articles expose the actions and motivations Morris Dees and the SPLC.
    http://www.thesocialcontract.com/answer ... _info.html
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast