Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AZ - Students to protest immigrant-tuition law

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... r1221.html

Students to protest immigrant-tuition law

Dec. 21, 2006 12:00 AM

College students upset about the passage of a November ballot initiative that blocks undocumented immigrants from paying in-state tuition in Arizona hope to grab the national spotlight when the Bowl Championship Series college football title game comes to Glendale.

The students plan to march to Glendale on the morning of the Jan. 8 game and then rally outside University of Phoenix Stadium, said Cecilia Saenz, an Arizona State University student.

Saenz, a member of the group Justice for Arizona Students, said the march is aimed at calling attention to the financial hardship Proposition 300 will create for thousands of college students. Forcing them to pay higher out-of-state tuition will put college out of reach for many, she said. The students plan to rally in support of the DREAM Act, a proposal in Congress to give undocumented students a shot at gaining legal permanent residency
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    College students upset about the passage of a November ballot initiative that blocks undocumented immigrants from paying in-state tuition in Arizona hope to grab the national spotlight when the Bowl Championship Series college football title game comes to Glendale.

The students plan to march to Glendale on the morning of the Jan. 8 game and then rally outside University of Phoenix Stadium, said Cecilia Saenz, an Arizona State University student.
    Sure hope some of you folks in Arizona are planning a counter-protest! Meet fire with fire.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW

Sure hope some of you folks in Arizona are planning a counter-protest! Meet fire with fire.
    Yes that would be nice to see.

They are lucky they are paying out of state fees and not International Student fees like they do in Florida. When I first came here from Canada my husband at the time was a resident. We were told he had to be a citizen before he could sponsor my our daughter and I. That was due to the waiting list. Our lawyer told us that my daughter and I can only stay here legally if I go to school. I went to university and got my BSc in Criminal Justice in 2 years at a cost of $47,979.62. That was tuition to a public university and books only. I also had to have medical coverage throughout the entire time I was in school.
    I definitely don't want to see any illegal get a bigger break than they already have. This should be a deterrent for the parents bringing them here and therefore not coming here themselves.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

there is no reason that a non-U.S. citizen should be able to go to a U.S. school cheaper than a U.S. citizen. Who makes this stuff up? Why should they get a better break than legal citizens in this country, it just doesn't make any sense.

They should not pay what Americans pay but pay more and have proof of income that you can afford what they predict the cost of your education would be and also have mandatory health insurance. If they pay like in state Americans then they don't need the above and can drop out or use or medical system for free. Not this time!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)